Water from water mill express

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was going to flush a system , would water from one of these little places be OK , instead of distilled water ( our tap water is very hard ) ?

Best I remember , I think that water is RO , in addition to some other processes . Maybe just to make it taste better .

You bring your own jug & it is $ .25 a gallon . Cheap enough .

We have 2 GM cars that have DEXCOOL in the cooling system . Both of them , I have dumped 1 gallon and replaced with a DEXCOOL spec , form Zerex .

Thanks , :)

If it's just RO water, then it'll be fine. But if it's intended to be used for drinking, it may have minerals added back in for taste. In that case, it would be better than tap water, but not as good as pure RO or distilled water.

Distilled water is so cheap at H-E-B and Kroger, why bother with the minerals in the drinking water?

I actually used RO water from a customer's system before, but it actually still had a reduced amount of minerals in it. For as little as it costs at Wal-Mart & other places, distilled is the way to go. Nice to have for batteries, too.

I got one of those by my apartment and Whole Foods also has DI water on tap for around $.50/gallon if you bring your own carboy. But keeping 5 gallons of water in a carboy is another thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back