Glysantin G64 PSi-OAT

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCD

I've been reading up a lot on coolants since about September, but i hadn't even come across this stuff before.

https://www.glysantin.de/en/glysantinr-g64r-concentrate

Glysantin call it a PSi-OAT , a.k.a, Phosphates + Silicates + OAT

Ph seems average for a typical OAT, between 7.5 - 8.5, but with a high reserve alkalinity ( 8-10 ) , apparently it's dyed dark green.

It seems like it's mostly meant for heavy duty diesels.

What do you think?

Last edited:
It's sold in the US as Zerex Original Green, but it also claims a 10/100K service life due to the OAT addition. I've used it before in a Nissan and I would use it in an application that uses old school green.

Originally Posted by nthach
It's sold in the US as Zerex Original Green, but it also claims a 10/100K service life due to the OAT addition. I've used it before in a Nissan and I would use it in an application that uses old school green.

Really?? wow, it seems like a great coolant.

I use G40 which is very similar but pink and without phosphates in the place of conventional green in my two old Fords.

Last edited:
I always wondered how Zerex could claim 5yr/100K ability on a 'conventional' coolant....now I know...thanks nthach...

Originally Posted by mightymousetech
Interesting. Guess you can mix phosphated and silicated OAT?

Phosphate and Silicate both being conventional inhibitors should not have any problems i guess mixing with eachother.

I'm going to research if i could possibly get some of this G64 here in Spain, the Phosphates should add some cavitation protection and improve cast iron corrosion.

Last edited:
Phosphates are there to quickly protect aluminum from what I understand - which is why the Japanese favor them and traditional green uses them. Silicates were more for ferrous metals. OATs do take a while to passivate and setup.

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Originally Posted by mightymousetech
Interesting. Guess you can mix phosphated and silicated OAT?

Phosphate and Silicate both being conventional inhibitors should not have any problems i guess mixing with eachother.

I'm going to research if i could possibly get some of this G64 here in Spain, the Phosphates should add some cavitation protection and improve cast iron corrosion.

Just mix Honda and BMW coolants.
wink.gif

Phosphates are there to quickly protect aluminum from what I understand - which is why the Japanese favor them and traditional green uses them. Silicates were more for ferrous metals. OATs do take a while to passivate and setup.

Quite the opposite! , Silicates are by far the best corrosion inhibitor for Aluminium components.... everybody but the Japanese agrees on that, Phosphates are primarily used to inhibit Cast Iron corrosion, and also reduce cavitation.

Silicates started to be used in the 80s, when engines began using Alu cylinder heads, they found the traditional Phosphate, Borate, Azole etc formulations did not protect them well.

OAT coolants do take longer to activate, but they do not Passivate anything like Silicates or Azoles and Phosphates do, they only act wherever there is corrosion happening, if there is no corrosion occurring, they stay sort of "inactive"

Last edited:
I don't have pictures right now to show you, but Years of using a Phsophate / Borate conventional coolant ( No silicate ) did quite some damage to my Ford Capri's water pump, thermostat housing and intake manifold ( all the aluminium components )
All were badly pitted and the coolant had literally eaten chunks out of them.

Now it has a new water pump, thermostat housing and i am using G40 Silicate OAT coolant in it.

Weird - the cooling system passages look pristine with Toyota phosphated coolant. I've seen pitting with everything else though.

Coupled with an OAT inhibitor it probably does a perfectly good job, however a plain jane Phosphate / Borate conventional coolant doesn't do to well from personal experience with alu engine parts

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
Coupled with an OAT inhibitor it probably does a perfectly good job, however a plain jane Phosphate / Borate conventional coolant doesn't do to well from personal experience with alu engine parts

Honda and Toyota are against the use of borates as they believe it causes pitting of Al components. An old Lexus I had used nothing but Toyota red coolant and when I pulled the water pump everything looked great.

Toyota had a sell sheet about why their coolant should always be used, I found one for Hino, same spiel: http://www.hino.com/assets/lt-0003-hino-coolant-2010.pdf

It's sold in the US as Zerex Original Green, but it also claims a 10/100K service life due to the OAT addition.

meant this.

where is the evidence, too cheap to be true?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back