Body wash or bar soap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned above my son uses the huge Duke Cannon soap bars. I've told him a number of times if he drops that huge thing and puts a dent in the tub he's paying for the repairs.

Originally Posted by blupupher

I like the Irish Spring "Pure Fresh with charcoal or the Moisture Blast)

I use the Moisture Blast in winter and the classic version in summer. What is the "Pure Fresh with charcoal" like?

We use the Walmart brand of Dove Deep Moisture body wash, as well as some made in France lavender bar soap.

"I've always wanted to try Dr. Bronner's but my local grocer only sells it in a large bottle."

It works great. We have to mail order it, but it is an excellent product and you need very little of it. If the kids don't get ahold of the bottle, it seems to last forever.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kwijibo
As mentioned above my son uses the huge Duke Cannon soap bars. I've told him a number of times if he drops that huge thing and puts a dent in the tub he's paying for the repairs.

I wouldn't want to drop a newish bar on my toe.

Originally Posted by gregk24
We use the Walmart brand of Dove Deep Moisture body wash, as well as some made in France lavender bar soap.

Watch the lavender.

A new study lends further evidence to a suspected link between abnormal breast growth in young boys—called prepubertal gynecomastia—and regular exposure to lavender or tea tree oil, by finding that key chemicals in these common plant-derived oils act as endocrine-disrupting chemicals. The study results will be presented Monday at ENDO 2018, the Endocrine Society's 100th annual meeting in Chicago.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/03/180318144856.htm

I quit using bar soap years ago, and am quite picky about which body wash I use. Most products have way too much fragrance in it. Over time, my body starts reacting by itching. The only bar soap I can use is Ivory.

I started using Aveeno body wash several years ago, and the itching problem has totally gone away.

I use Ivory bar soap. My skin does have a tendency to get oily at times.

Back when I was driving a truck, I had to stay in hotels a good bit because of layovers. The little bars of Jergens bar soap that they put in the bathrooms made my skin feel good, and it smelled good too.

Yardley bar soap is the best bang for the buck. .88 a bar at Walmart and $1 a bar at the Dollar tree and Target. I like the oatmeal and almond. It's a unisex soap my wife and I use.

I use Suave Refresh body wash on one of those nylon scrubby bath poof things my wife got me started using maybe 6 months ago. I also alternate sometimes and use regular plain Ivory bar soap on a regular old fashioned washcloth. We have hard water here and the body wash makes a better lather than Ivory or any other bar soap I have tried. A bottle of the Suave wash costs about $2.25 at the grocery store and will last me about 6 weeks, at least twice as long as a bar of Ivory soap. I like the smell of the Suave wash.

Originally Posted by zrxkawboy
Originally Posted by blupupher

I like the Irish Spring "Pure Fresh with charcoal or the Moisture Blast)

I use the Moisture Blast in winter and the classic version in summer. What is the "Pure Fresh with charcoal" like?

Closer to the original scent than the others, but not as strong after washing, and really helps get rid of any BO (helped with my stinky feet).
I don't need to moisturize, but I like the scent of the Moisture Blast (I also like the Icy Blast, but cant find it as often) over regular Irish Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back