F250-350

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted a Dodge Challenger with a Hellcat engine. I didn't need it but It was cool.

Originally Posted by exranger06
I agree with kam327. Sure, everyone has the freedom to buy a vehicle way bigger than they need and it's none of anybody else's business. But other people can still think it's stupid and ridiculous. If I said I bought a tri-axle dump truck to drive back and forth to the office and to the grocery store, and never hauled anything in it, you might think that it's my own business and I have every right to do it. But you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was absolutely ridiculous! It's no different than someone buying a 1-ton truck and never hauling anything heavy with it. I drive a Ford Ranger and actually do use it to its full potential. I have no need or desire for a bigger truck. I don't care if it gets the same mpg as a 1/2 ton; it's still cheaper to register and insure, cheaper to buy parts, easier to park, and actually fits in my garage.

No one needs an Escalade !!!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted by EricG
Originally Posted by kam327
I'm no tree hugger but.... why do so many people think they need these monsters?

Because its America and people can spend their money on whatever they want! Why do you buy more than one roll of toilet paper at a time, you only "NEED" one at a time?

Buying extra toilet paper doesn't emit 30% more CO2 into the atmosphere than is necessary.

Buying extra toilet paper doesn't emit 30% more CO2 into the atmosphere than is necessary.

It causes more trees to be cut for paper, thus reducing the number of plants available to convert CO2 into O2. Then you have the added emissions of cutting, transporting, and manufacturing of the toilet paper. If you really cared you'd install a bidet and ditch paper altogether.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by exranger06
I agree with kam327. Sure, everyone has the freedom to buy a vehicle way bigger than they need and it's none of anybody else's business. But other people can still think it's stupid and ridiculous. If I said I bought a tri-axle dump truck to drive back and forth to the office and to the grocery store, and never hauled anything in it, you might think that it's my own business and I have every right to do it. But you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was absolutely ridiculous! It's no different than someone buying a 1-ton truck and never hauling anything heavy with it. I drive a Ford Ranger and actually do use it to its full potential. I have no need or desire for a bigger truck. I don't care if it gets the same mpg as a 1/2 ton; it's still cheaper to register and insure, cheaper to buy parts, easier to park, and actually fits in my garage.

No one needs an Escalade !!!
banana2.gif

My wife and I use the Escalade to its full potential as well. We don't need the luxury features it has (a Suburban would've done fine) but we got a good deal buying it used and didn't pay much more than a Suburban.

Originally Posted by CT8
I wanted a Dodge Challenger with a Hellcat engine. I didn't need it but It was cool.

I actually was going to go that way myself especially with the deals last year.
But I decided to thin the herd instead. One day I may end up owning only one vehicle.

I have a F350... 2007, went to Texas to pick it up because the dealer could not sell it.

2wd, standard cab, 5.4l. I live in snow country, and it I haul/tow a lot of weight from time to time, through big grades, it does just fine. I don't play race car Ricky when I drive it, and especially when I am towing- I sense most Super Duty owners do not need anywhere near the truck they are buying. But it is there choice to make a six year, $900 per month payment.

Have owned my truck for almost 12 years, it has done me well. I am looking daily for its replacement, I expect to pay about $32,000 for a new 2018-2019 F350 that they can't sell because it does not have bells and whistles. I suspect most F250/F350s sell for over $60,000, I see quite a few listing out well in the $70,000 range.

Was at a Lowe's closing out of business. Purchased mulch by the pallet at 70% off. It was wet= very heavy. This is why I have a F350 (which I paid $23,000 for 12 years ago- I think if I was a local boy I could of got it for 21k). Also had to deliver a huge Christmas present to my Daughter's home in Denver.

This is why I have a 5.4l gas 2wd F350

20190104_131252.jpg

20181224_160251.jpg

Originally Posted by itguy08

It causes more trees to be cut for paper, thus reducing the number of plants available to convert CO2 into O2. Then you have the added emissions of cutting, transporting, and manufacturing of the toilet paper. If you really cared you'd install a bidet and ditch paper altogether.

Nicely done!!

Originally Posted by itguy08

just use your hands and then clean them under the sink....problem solved only water being used... of course e-coli and other various issues may surface, but hey...

I'm no tree hugger but.... why do so many people think they need these monsters?

Monster what? Engine size? Truck size?

A superduty isn't much/any larger than an F150 depending on configuration. I believe later model SD actual share the cab with an F150. The SD has a much beefier running gear including a solid axle in the front. Engine size is irrelevant if the fuel economy is similar to a smaller engine. I'm going with the 7.3 will have similar economy as the 6.2, with much more power.

Last edited:
Nobody needs anything bigger than a Crown Vic.....

This board is full of truck envy.

Originally Posted by CKN
Nobody needs anything bigger than a Crown Vic.....

This board is full of truck envy.

I just read through this thread again, and didn't see any envy anywhere.
confused2.gif
I also didn't see where anyone said nobody needs a big truck. If you need to tow a trailer that weighs 15k+ lbs, and/or need to haul 2k+ lbs in the bed on a regular basis, then yes you need an F350. By all means go and buy one! These trucks do have a legitimate purpose, and I never said otherwise. But I can't understand why anyone would buy one if they're never going to have anything over 1k lbs in the bed, or ever tow anything heavier than 3k lbs. I believe in picking the right tool for the job.

Oh, I almost forgot who I was talking to: the great CKN, who has only the most superb, exquisite taste in vehicles. Anyone who disagrees with him must surely be envious that they could never own such fine machines.
smirk2.gif

"""Oh, I almost forgot who I was talking to: the great CKN, who has only the most superb, exquisite taste in vehicles. Anyone who disagrees with him must surely be envious that they could never own such fine machines. ""

If CKN is in Salt Lake City- I can tell you where his crown vic likely is at this moment- the exact spot he parked it in last night. SLC is having a good amount of snow, and as nice of a vehicle the RWD crown vic is- it likely is not moving around SLC today.... unless he invested in some good snow tires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back