Choice for fleet fuel additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I maintain a fleet of vehicles that idle a lot. One recent service the vehicle had 16,600 total miles but 2,105 engine hours. I like to add a bottle of fuel additive to the tanks at oil changes to clean the combustion chambers and injectors. What additive would fit this situation?

I like to do mine a tank before the oil change.. there was speculation that cleaning the combustion chamber and upper cylinder ended up with byproducts in the oil..

Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Complete Fuel System Cleaner is easily available and has all the good stuff.

Originally Posted by krismoriah72
I like to do mine a tank before the oil change.. there was speculation that cleaning the combustion chamber and upper cylinder ended up with byproducts in the oil..

Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Complete Fuel System Cleaner is easily available and has all the good stuff.

Thats not possible in my situation. Half of them are police vehicles or public service vehicles. i don't see them until its time for service.

Originally Posted by wensteph
These gas or diesel engines?

Gas. I order our diesel treated already.

I unclogged an injector on my beater Neon with Amsoil P.I.

I operate my vehicle like fleet because of the miles I drive between sales call. I just dump a bottle in the tank every 5K miles or so and it keeps my engines fuel system clean. I have also used Redline SI-1 with excellent results. I just buy the Amsoil stuff because I have a P.C. membership and it's easier to get with my oil over Redline where I am.

I looked for the Gumout today. No luck finding the multi system tune-up bottle at any of my local vendors. Even our Napa didn't have it,which is strange because they carry a ton of Gumout products. They were able to order me a case of the Techron in the 32 oz bottles for 10.99 a bottle. I'll stick with that for a while and see how it works. I have to remove the intake to replaced rear coils and plugs on these cars so I get a good look at the top of the valves and intake runners. It will be pretty obvious if it's doing its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back