Tire Pressure Dash Light Is Irritating Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bad tire pressure gauge off by 5-7 psi. I was running my tires at 35 psi and the light would trip at 27 psi and the temp overnight could change by 40 degrees finally figured by using a higher psi.

Originally Posted by Driz

Originally Posted by CT8
Electrical tape

Sometimes the simplest ideas really are the best🤗. Those things are nothing but a menace !

Until you get a nail in a tire during a long highway ride and it warns you before the tire goes completely flat or you roll over on a sharp curve.

Originally Posted by atikovi

Originally Posted by CT8
Electrical tape

Sometimes the simplest ideas really are the best🤗. Those things are nothing but a menace !

Until you get a nail in a tire during a long highway ride and it warns you before the tire goes completely flat or you roll over on a sharp curve.

Got my first TPMS vehicle 38 years after getting my driver's license, 37 years after getting my first car...

How did we ever survive without TPMS?

My Toyota TPMS measures change in pressure, so the system will trigger when the pressure gets significantly higher or lower than the "set" pressure. It's 12 years old and the tire sensors recently died, so I had them replaced (spare tire takes a different sensor than the main 4 wheels, GAH!) This is how I learned of the system behavior: a steady dash light indicates a pressure issue, a flashing dash light indicates a system malfunction. Toyota standards of behavior may have changed since 2006.
Get a known good gauge and set all 5 to the factory pressures on the door jamb, or whatever you normally run. Be consistent. Then reset the system and you should be good. I check my pressures monthly and never had any issues besides the batteries aging out, mentioned above.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by atikovi

Originally Posted by CT8
Electrical tape

Got my first TPMS vehicle 38 years after getting my driver's license, 37 years after getting my first car...

How did we ever survive without TPMS?

Not EVERYBODY survived. Ask the people in Explorers that rolled over from under inflated tires. Oops, you can't, they are dead. Anyway, you could also argue, how did we ever survive without safety glass, seat belts, airbags, navigation, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back