$200 Site Donor 2023
I guess Ford isn't going to the Egoboost
smile.gif
on the big boys
Looks like the 7.3L gasser but Ford is hush, hush, on the specs

I like the idea but don't like the plastic pan on the 10spd auto
Pictures show a metal pan on the engine but that may be subject to change

Originally Posted by kam327
I'm no tree hugger but.... why do so many people think they need these monsters?

Need? seriously, please tell us how many of the things you possess you really need
27.gif

Originally Posted by stockrex
I'm no tree hugger but.... why do so many people think they need these monsters?

Need? seriously, please tell us how many of the things you possess you really need
27.gif

By need I mean actually use periodically to its intended potential. In which case I think I can say I do 'need' the majority of the things I own. I'd love to know how many F250 owners actually use it periodically to its intended potential.

Originally Posted by Zee09
smile.gif
on the big boys

My guess is to protect the Diesel. Our next one will be an F350 and given the choice between, say a 4.0 or 5.0 Ecoboost and a Diesel I'd go Ecoboost. Much less maintenance and operating costs.

By need I mean actually use periodically to its intended potential. In which case I think I can say I do 'need' the majority of the things I own. I'd love to know how many F250 owners actually use it periodically to its intended potential.

You're not wrong in a way, but the reality is that it has become a bit of a trend for people to buy the biggest truck they can get. I live in the land of oil fields, so I see F250s that DO go out into mucky fields and idle for days on end while at job sites, but I ALSO see pristine F250s that just carry around the family between stores and restaurants.

People are gonna be people...

We haul hay pull a horse trailer fill up the bed with sacks of shavings and bags of feed . The extra weight or the F250/350 is really nice when hauling the horse trailer as compared to an F150. When running the F150 you really know the trailer is there.,with the F250/350 the trailer feel is minimal.

Originally Posted by itguy08
smile.gif
on the big boys

My guess is to protect the Diesel. Our next one will be an F350 and given the choice between, say a 4.0 or 5.0 Ecoboost and a Diesel I'd go Ecoboost. Much less maintenance and operating costs.

We had a 2002 F250 with the 7.3 engine and it was wonderful engine. We replaced the truck last year because the wife complained her horse or bike crash damaged knee hurt too much to push the clutch pedal, we bought the gas engine because the almost $10,000.00 diesel engine cost plus the filters, more oil 2 batteries and the emission costs and DEF costs when the warranty runs out is just too potentially costly.

The deal here is they are claiming superior efficiency and no penalty over the 6.2L
We shall see. In my two F350's one diesel, one gas I was never underpowered but payload suffered at times
Had the beds way overloaded- never thought that would be so. You need this if your truck works, not if you are a cruiser

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by itguy08
smile.gif
on the big boys

We had a 2002 F250 with the 7.3 engine and it was wonderful engine. We replaced the truck last year because the wife complained her horse or bike crash damaged knee hurt too much to push the clutch pedal, we bought the gas engine because the almost $10,000.00 diesel engine cost plus the filters, more oil 2 batteries and the emission costs and DEF costs when the warranty runs out is just too potentially costly.

Exactly-I dumped my 6.7L when the warranties ran out and diesel was over $4 a gallon
The gasser was more to my pocket book liking although once a diesel owner it's hard to go to gas.
But now, I'd only buy a gasser. And an XLT is the nicest I'll buy- good solid workers and enough creature comforts to make them livable

Originally Posted by Donald
Go for the 6.7 diesel on the 2020 Ford Superduty. Besides a requiring a larger check to buy the vehicle, think of the bragging rights?

I'll go gasser and slap on 6.7 badges. Live big and pay little
smile.gif

Is "need" a requirement to owning any type of vehicle?

The joke is the mpg for a Nissan Frontier and a F350 gasser isn't too far apart in the real world
My F350 always did better than a Tundra. With trucks geared the same be it a 4 cyl or a v8 there isn't much difference

Originally Posted by Reddy45

You're not wrong in a way, but the reality is that it has become a bit of a trend for people to buy the biggest truck they can get. I live in the land of oil fields, so I see F250s that DO go out into mucky fields and idle for days on end while at job sites, but I ALSO see pristine F250s that just carry around the family between stores and restaurants.

People are gonna be people...

I have a nice $300 stainless hitch and haven't hook a trailer up to it yet. I threw a couple of carbon fiber BMX bikes in the bed a few times, but mostly it just hauls a few bags of groceries and some bags of animal feed. Oh yeah, one time I put a 10 bails of hay in the bed. But that's it.

I just drive it to work (3 miles to work) and around town for errands and stuff. Occasionally, I'll put her on the highway to stretch her legs. Bought her in April of 2018, she's at 10,200 miles now. I love my 1-ton truck. Do I need it?? OF COURSE NOT!! But I enjoy the [censored] out of it.

K3500.jpg

Hitch.jpg

Last edited:

Because its America and people can spend their money on whatever they want! Why do you buy more than one roll of toilet paper at a time, you only "NEED" one at a time?

Originally Posted by Phishin

I have a nice $300 stainless hitch and haven't hook a trailer up to it yet. I threw a couple of carbon fiber BMX bikes in the bed a few times, but mostly it just hauls a few bags of groceries and some bags of animal feed. Oh yeah, one time I put a 10 bails of hay in the bed. But that's it.

I just drive it to work (3 miles to work) and around town for errands and stuff. Occasionally, I'll put her on the highway to stretch her legs. Bought her in April of 2018, she's at 10,200 miles now. I love my 1-ton truck. Do I need it?? OF COURSE NOT!! But I enjoy the [censored] out of it.

Good looking truck.

I agree with kam327. Sure, everyone has the freedom to buy a vehicle way bigger than they need and it's none of anybody else's business. But other people can still think it's stupid and ridiculous. If I said I bought a tri-axle dump truck to drive back and forth to the office and to the grocery store, and never hauled anything in it, you might think that it's my own business and I have every right to do it. But you'd be lying to yourself if you didn't think that was absolutely ridiculous! It's no different than someone buying a 1-ton truck and never hauling anything heavy with it. I drive a Ford Ranger and actually do use it to its full potential. I have no need or desire for a bigger truck. I don't care if it gets the same mpg as a 1/2 ton; it's still cheaper to register and insure, cheaper to buy parts, easier to park, and actually fits in my garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back