Rust proofing coating on catalytic converter and exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Buddy of mine sprayed my under carriage exhaust and catalytic converters too ...

Umhhh after all not sure if this was good idea as it's burning of a little ... Any chance of this catching fire ... ?

Product used Corrosion Free - Formula 3000

Thx

As long as you are driving fast enough when it starts on fire I bet you will be OK....
Or you could take some dawn dish soap and scrub off what you can...?

Every year when I get my truck undercoated at Krown, they always get a bunch of overspray on the exhaust. It just burns off, a small blue cloud behind the vehicle for a few miles till its all gone.

Wipes off the excessive amounts and the rest will burn off through smoking as the exhaust gets hot, no worries...

My Krown guy goes the extra mile when doing my yearly spray and it always falls on the exhaust and burns off no problem. Lots of smoke, looks like the vehicle is on fire at the lights though, I love the people pointing as if I don't notice that my car is creating all the white smoke surrounding me.
lol.gif

Last edited:
They claim it's non-flammable so you should be okay, but personally I'd go on a long(er) drive to get the exhaust hot for a while and burn off the stink.

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Every year when I get my truck undercoated at Krown, they always get a bunch of overspray on the exhaust. It just burns off, a small blue cloud behind the vehicle for a few miles till its all gone.

This, right here.

Just take a trip down the road with a few hills to get the engine working hard, all of the oil will just "smoke off"

Oh it stinks in cabin so it's burning off lmao
Thx guys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back