Ecofuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
mind-blowingtech.com/ecofuel/US/leadgen/

[hyperlink removed so it can't be clicked]

Is this a scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Completely useless.

It is true that many vehicles can be tuned through the OBD-2 port. However, every vehicle is vastly different. Not only is the ECU coding completely unrelated between different makes and models, but the ECU's themselves are distinct and unique.

There is no way to universally change one thing that can improve fuel economy across even 2 different models.

What is interesting, it that with throttle by wire vehicles, we could tune some engines to operate at very lean Air/Fuel ratios and advance the ign timing substantially, for a remarkable gain in BSFC under some conditions, at the cost of NOx emissions.

The site is a static page where you begin by selecting either gas or diesel. No company ID.

Seems like an open invitation for spyware. Since I'm computer shopping I see spyware everywhere.

Probably some resistors that fool the computer into changing values. Back in 2002 when my wife bought her F250with the Powerstroke engine. A friend who was a parts person at a Ford dealer said the majority of problems we see with the Power Strokes is when the owners reprogram them them. Great parts people are the heart of the repair business.Why? They see what parts go where.

Originally Posted by CT8
Probably some resistors that fool the computer into changing values. Back in 2002 when my wife bought her F250with the Powerstroke engine. A friend who was a parts person at a Ford dealer said the majority of problems we see with the Power Strokes is when the owners reprogram them them. Great parts people are the heart of the repair business.Why? They see what parts go where.

That's the thing, with OBD-2, there is no way to do that. Such "foolers" must be installed at the engine harness or other line level component.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Completely useless.

It is true that many vehicles can be tuned through the OBD-2 port. However, every vehicle is vastly different. Not only is the ECU coding completely unrelated between different makes and models, but the ECU's themselves are distinct and unique.

There is no way to universally change one thing that can improve fuel economy across even 2 different models.

What is interesting, it that with throttle by wire vehicles, we could tune some engines to operate at very lean Air/Fuel ratios and advance the ign timing substantially, for a remarkable gain in BSFC under some conditions, at the cost of NOx emissions.

Great response. Very informative, thanks and I'll forget I ever saw that product advertised.
So do you think manufacturers intentialy don't make vehicles as fuel efficient as possible? Seems like by what you said they could tweak each model to preform better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back