Walther CCP range report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT8

One of my friends just bought a Walther CCP in 9MM. The pistol felt great in hand . The accuracy was impressive and the trigger was surprisingly good. I took the slide off and it has some kind of gas piston where the recoil spring would be in a Glock or 1911. I found the recoil to be high for a 9mm I thought 40S&W recoil impulse. It is a nice pistol. I own a Kahr PM 9 I picked up used about 10 years age as a comparison . I today would buy a Shield I have tried several at the range and I like them the best. I have a P99 S&W [Walther clone] and that is my Walther experience

I own a Shield 9 and love it. A Glock loving buddy of mine was giving me grief when I bought it. Up until the point he shot it.

Interesting.

I thought the trigger sucked.

But side by side with the Glock 43 or the Shield, the gas piston ("softcoil" recoil management system) produces dramatically less recoil than a pistol of similar weight.

I bought one for my wife a couple years ago.

She tried all three (CCP, Shield, G43) and it was the Walther.

Hands down.

I should add that mine (hers) is a couple years old. So, perhaps that trigger has been improved.

I took it completely apart, and polished all the bearing/mating surfaces.

Big improvement.

But still a long, spongy trigger.

Was it the long travel or the reset? I liked the pistol .With a compact type pistol a revolver like trigger is fine. like the Kahr own, I like the Shield.I should by one but I really don't need any more guns.Gun feel is so personal.

Last edited:
It was the long travel.

I really like the pistol.

Trigger feel is the one area I would improve. Crisp reset, but the pull itself feels as if lots of bits of plastic are rubbing. Not a smooth mechanical feel.

On the plus side: 8+1 capacity. Slim size. Ergonomic grip. Greatly reduced recoil (when compared with similar size pistols).

My wife really likes it. Recoil and grip feel were critical in that decision.

Last edited:
The ergo's on the CCP are absolutely fantastic. Walther has done a great job with this including the PPQ, P99 and P22 in my opinion. My wife also loves this pistol. The trigger does leave something to be desired, but it's not a deal breaker imo...

Haven't shot the CCP, but I love my Walther PPS M2. Feels better than the Shield or 43 do. But it weighs a little more, which actually softens the recoil. Quite pleasant to shoot at the range for being a subcompact, single stack 9mm.

L8R,
Matt

CDD12BDC-910C-4790-9A7C-D4C7A0117E98.jpeg

Originally Posted by Bottom_Feeder
Was this is the first generation CCP or the new M2?
The gun was purchased a few days before the range trip. I am not sure which generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back