Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigGee
9.3.5 on tablet. Worked good this morning.It is working with phone but it has latest version.

I'm not sure it's realistic to ask html5 websites to support ios 9.x?

Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
I see the link for retrieving your own posts has moved.

Where?

9.3.5 on tablet. Worked good this morning.It is working with phone but it has latest version.
Update iOS. If it doesn't allow it, blame Apple. They'll suggest to replace your tablet though....

Originally Posted by Malo83

Where?
Click on your user name in top right corner, and then click on your post count.

Originally Posted by JLTD
Why the changes?

This is how the software works out of the box. I had the menu item "My Posts" added later. The problem is that every time we do an upgrade, every modification to the software has to be moved into the new codebase. It gets expensive, so we decided to drop that mod.

Wayne

I had terrible problems with the site today. I could log on but, the pointer finger would not open anything. I was FINALLY able to delete, reload and change my password. I hope it keeps working as it is my go-to site. Ed Hayes

I'm getting a lot of incomplete page loads where I have to refresh and then it loads properly, and also where you click on something and it doens't load until you click it again.

I thought maybe my computer or internet was the problem but it's also happening on my work computer on a different internet connection. Seems to have happened after the update.

Originally Posted by wwillson
Why the changes?

This is how the software works out of the box. I had the menu item "My Posts" added later. The problem is that every time we do an upgrade, every modification to the software has to be moved into the new codebase. It gets expensive, so we decided to drop that mod.

Wayne

Ah, so.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Malo83

Where?

Thanks,
cheers3.gif

Ok ,thank you the explaining the reason

I used a different browser and now it works. There isnt a IOS update for my IPad as of yet

I've got Ubuntu 14.04 and had problems logging on.... posting.....you name it. Last night I updated Ubuntu and all is good now.

Originally Posted by StevieC
I'm getting a lot of incomplete page loads where I have to refresh and then it loads properly, and also where you click on something and it doens't load until you click it again.

With some updates - I have no idea how extensive this one was - the forum software has to re-index everything, which can be a high load on the server's CPU(s). Usually this gets done right after the update while the system is still "down", sometimes the admins will wait until the middle of the night (when traffic/load is normally lower), or maybe they did this a day or two later (maybe waited to see if things were running okay). All just speculation on my part obviously.

Heh, maybe their server or their host was being DDOS'd...

Why the changes?

Software routinely needs updated

Originally Posted by StevieC

I thought maybe my computer or internet was the problem but it's also happening on my work computer on a different internet connection. Seems to have happened after the update.

This should be fixed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back