Forum is really long on mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
I think there were some updates. Just wanted to say it's really long, lots of info per post, seems like it's almost doubled the length of the page. Is it like this for others too?

[Linked Image]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is funny … just made a similar comment in the oil filter section and then found this. Some folks should just hit reply and stop coughing back up the same batch of comments …

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Yes, I get the same thing on mobile. I don't really like it. But I know my opinion doesn't matter.

We're fixing this now.

Thanks for the suggestion :)

Looks better on my phone (no longer has the user name and date). I would argue, however, that I don't care to see the most recent post in each forum on the main page. This is a personal opinion, but I like seeing the bar on the left on the computer view that shows all the most recent new threads.

Is there a page or some kind of URL query that I could use to get just a list of the most recent 5/10/20 new threads?

Originally Posted by EdwardC
Is there a page or some kind of URL query that I could use to get just a list of the most recent 5/10/20 new threads?

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "show/hide columns on this page".

This should bring up a column on the left showing recent topics, if you're not seeing it already.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by EdwardC

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "show/hide columns on this page".

This should bring up a column on the left showing recent topics, if you're not seeing it already.

Well, that's a great start! Thank you QP!!

Originally Posted by wwillson
How does it look now?

Looks great Wayne, thanks!

[Linked Image]

I think some layout changes/tweaks were made in the past 3-4 days (??) as I swear something looks different with the column where usernames, avatar, join date, etc are.

Yes, we did a minor upgrade to stay current. Mostly just bug fixes and viewability improvements. We missed that we had removed the time and poster from the mobile splash screen. Should be fixed tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back