more PSD woes with cold weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just because a company or supplier states their winter blend is good to a certain temp does not mean the station is using that fuel. They may have some odd mix of fuel in the tanks and unless you test it, how do you truly know? I can only reiterate what others have said: Get your fuel from large stations with high turnover. Go where the truckers go. Unless the owner is a good friend and can truthfully tell you what type of fuel is in their tank.

I go to high turnover stations and have yet to run into a problem. I go to the same stations where my friends have gone for years with their diesels and have yet to run into issues. Very few people I know that run diesels up here actually run additives.

I have cold started my 3500 (accidentally messed with the remote start) , cold soaked at -30C ambient. It cycled the grids once and fired right up. No gelling, no issues.

But I must confess, we in the Prairies are quite lucky. The usual severity of our winter has stations getting winter blend fuels in their tanks quite early. It seems like we run winter fuels from the end of July to usually the first week of July the next year. The cold also keeps a lot of the lefties out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back