2016 hyundai tucson 1.6 turbo oil recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Nick1994
QSUD does meet A5. I'd use that unless you can find Mobil 1 SUV & Truck (it's A5).

Hi Nick,

It (QSUD) used to but not for some time...
https://www.shell-livedocs.com/data/published/en-US/359bf785-7655-43bb-8a37-f923434261f1.pdf

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
+1 ... I'm using PP5W30 D1 / Gen 2 in all my Hyundai / Kia vehicles ... While it's a thinner 5W30 it is rated for A5 so it won't slip out of grade with any potential GDI fuel dilution . GTL manufacturing process ensures a cleaner , low NOACK oil to help prevent intake deposits (using tier 1 gas is a must as well) . In my new 2.4L non-turbo Sonata I run it for 5K miles max and it does great.
Originally Posted by moparguy19
From what i can read on the bottles, only Pennzoil plat 5w30 is acea a5 none of the others in 5w30 meet that. Is that correct or am i missing something here

Originally Posted by golfer71909
Hi, I recently purchased a 2016 Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Turbo Eco with 3,000 miles on it. The dealer says they changed the oil pre delivery.They recommend I change oil at 7500 miles and every 5000 miles thereafter.
I asked what oil they use and they say they use Pennzoil 5-30 synthetic blend. when i said OM says Turbo they say Blend is fine. Doesn't sound right to me.

That is definitely NOT what the owner's manual recommends for the 1.6l engine. I get the general idea some dealerships don't realize there is a difference between the maintenance requirements of the 2.0l engine versus the 1.6l, regardless of the fact that the owners manual and the quick reference guide both state the differences in some rather simple english. The Nu 2.0 GDI engine states an initial OC of 7.500 miles and then 7,500 miles after that, or 3,750 miles in severe usage conditions. The Gamma 1.6 T-GDI, which is installed in both our Tucsons, states an initial OC of 3,000 miles and then 5,000 thereafter, or 3,000 in severe driving conditions. In no way shape or form does it suggest 7,500 miles, and any dealership suggesting such an OC interval that high for a 1.6T is flat out wrong. My dealership is definitely using conventional oil so I am pressing the 3k oil change interval for now. Given that it seems it would take a miracle for these guys NOT to use 5w20 on my engine, I am opting to bring in a 5L jug of Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 or 5w30 based on the SN Plus anti LSPI properties of their oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back