Little Debbie HoneyBuns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by hatt
Gotta keep that price point.

Yep...they either make the product smaller or make the box bigger to compensate for the price adjustment.

I just bought orange juice the other day. I thought, what the heck, this thing looks smaller. Yep, they removed 8 ounces of orange juice from the packaging, without lowering the price. Lovely.

Duchess Jumbo!

We had a toaster oven at work, and they are delicious toasted with a hot cup of coffee. It was a race at morning break to see who got to the toaster oven first.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
I just bought orange juice the other day. I thought, what the heck, this thing looks smaller. Yep, they removed 8 ounces of orange juice from the packaging, without lowering the price. Lovely.

That's not as bad as people who unknowingly rip themselves off! Have you seen Trop 50??? Same price, 50% more water...

Everything is gettin' smaller except my waistline, my ears and my nose. Well, and somedays my ankles and feet....

Boycott them... because

Nobody Doesnt Like Sara Lee.. (never understood the double negative)..

[Linked Image]

Every once in a while I get a craving for these gut bomb fast food preserved delicacies. I still think they taster pretty good but due to there crap
they put in them I don't indulge too often. Those brownie type are my favorite followed by the raspberry three fingers or whatever you call them. Towards
the top of the list is the powdered sugar mini donuts....I can eat a ton of those!

I use to love Little Debbie's. I can no longer eat them. Seems they are made today with the absolute lowest quality ingrediants. Just like today's Hostess products, lowest quality processed ingredients with lots of preservatives so they can sit on the shelf for weeks or months.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Occasionally I have a Little Debbie Honey Bun with coffee.

Has anyone else noticed they are considerably smaller?

They seem to be shorter in diameter and thinner than the ones Ms Molecule bought in the past.

Each bun now weighs 1.7 ounces.
mad.gif

It seems in the past they weighed at least 2.5 ounces each and were larger in diameter and thicker.
confused2.gif

It's called shrink-flation where they shrink what you get but keep the price the same. It drives me nuts. Cereal is the worst offender for this. (Although I'm not eating that any longer). Then economists have the nerve to turn around and say that inflation is only 2% based on consumer costs meanwhile they shrunk the back end of what you get for those costs. It's a scam.

Your honey-bun just needs some high-mileage spread to help swell it back to size.
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC
It's called shrink-flation where they shrink what you get but keep the price the same. It drives me nuts. Cereal is the worst offender for this.

It may also have to do with grain prices.

Warstud, I wish they would just increase the price and leave the portion alone. Things go up in price because of inflation but they should stop playing games with what they give you trying to appease the consumer price pain point. People will and do figure out they are being cheated and will stop purchasing or switch brands just the same so why risk the bad P.R. and upsetting the customer?

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Occasionally I have a Little Debbie Honey Bun with coffee.

Has anyone else noticed they are considerably smaller?

They seem to be shorter in diameter and thinner than the ones Ms Molecule bought in the past.

Each bun now weighs 1.7 ounces.
mad.gif

It seems in the past they weighed at least 2.5 ounces each and were larger in diameter and thicker.
confused2.gif

Yep.

Just like Tropicana OJ is now 52 ounces.... not 64 ounces but the price remained the same.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by StevieC
Warstud, I wish they would just increase the price and leave the portion alone. Things go up in price because of inflation but they should stop playing games with what they give you trying to appease the consumer price pain point. People will and do figure out they are being cheated and will stop purchasing or switch brands just the same so why risk the bad P.R. and upsetting the customer?

There would have already been meaningful backlash if it were going to happen. 4 lb bags of sugar or 1.5 qt ice cream containers are pretty standard now. Some brands haven't changed and they tend to advertise the fact. Duke's mayo and Blue Bell ice cream being examples off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Another term for removing food and keeping the same price is a weight out. A key reason why they do this is people only want to spend so much per grocery store trip. If the costs go up, they are less likely to buy it. Not everyone is like this but in general processed food is typically bought by poorer people or with large families and have a huge grocery bill to begin with (in relative terms).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back