Ordered winter tires for M45 - Vitour Ice Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a good deal during the recent 15% off anything special on eBay through seller tires-easy (www.tires-easy.com) ...

I'll be using OEM 2004 Infiniti M45 wheels (18x7.5") on my 2006 M45 (OEM size 245/40/19, 19x8.5" wheel).

Yes, made in China, so bash away, but seems like a good winter tire ($294 shipped for all 4 after the discount).

Date code shows 2218 on all 4, so that's plenty fresh and I'm thankful for that!

I plan to keep the car for 3 more years, so 3 winters on these... I'll try to report back in spring!

Have a good Labor Day weekend!
cheers3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Chinese Vitour Polar Bear's on my daughters car. One winter old and they worked great so far. Not too bad as far as wear is concerned. I studded hers as she only drives in the city and intersection ice is a reality. I suspect we will easily get 4-5 winters out of them. Time will tell.

Just wanted to chime in on these Vitour Ice Line tires.

I bought a set of 215/55R17's for my daughter's 2015 Chrysler 200 Limited.
In a word - Awesome. I mounted and balanced at home (have tire machines) and they required very little weight.

My daughter said the last few snow storms have not been a problem at all. The best test was when we gathered at the family "shack"
up near Mt Monadnock for Christmas. The driveway was nothing but ice and my uncle wasn't even able to walk on it to throw salt down (it's a very steep driveway).

I hadn't mounted them yet when we went up for Thanksgiving and my daughter couldn't make it up, but this time around, she drove right up. It was impressive to see!
I think she had more confidence than I did in my AWD Fusion.

Anyway, just passing it on that I think these tires are a great deal.

You get lucky with Chinese tyres sometimes (or maybe they get lucky with manufacturing a good one? Who knows) - I've certainly had bad ones in the past, but to see a heavily siped and obviously very winter-biased tyre that is C rated in both European labelling categories is actually impressive, especially in that size. Maybe they're very soft or something, but if they keep you safe through the winter, then who cares?

The design on these actually looks really good, hopefully the materials and QC are up to snuff. There's no reason why the Chinese shouldn't be able to make good tires, they have a space program after all, so hopefully these will be good for you. I've thought for a while that it's only a matter of time before Chinese tires are as good as anything else.

I have been rolling on mine since November and they seem quite good. I have no basis of these vs. any other brand but for under $300 for a set of 4, they are serving me well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back