Eagle One Surface Prep Mit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for your opinions, and or recommendations with these surface prep mitt type products. I have never personally never used a clay bar on any of the cars I have detailed, but I starting to hear that using one of these types of products instead of clay are the way to go for surface preparing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1FfBVpKe5g

Here is what info I am seeking;

Mitts vs. clay - good, bad ugly.

Brands - any advantages of one over another?

What product should be used with the mitt.....spray wax, detailer etc.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I like Griot's Garage Brilliant Finish synthetic clay. Makes my car look good and feel smooth. It's supposed to work 20-25 times. Probably 15-20. Still better than actual clay.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of using clay unless it's really necessary. I prefer a spray down with iron x and a gentle going over with a sponge, after washing regularly. Others may disagree, and it's true that there's a place for clay or products like this.

The thing I don't like about this is that it has a surface that's consistently reused. Clay you can dissolve in water, or fold over to get to a clean layer. You can also make it a small thin piece, and then throw it away quick. It seems like contaminants picked up on this runs the risk of being run over a lot of painted surface area.

Maybe that's not a big concern. Not sure how an item like this is cleaned to be pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back