Detailed my brothers 2002 Silverado...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My brother recently requested I detail his Silverado, I got around to doing that today. He purchased it about a year ago, it only has 113K miles.

The interior was vacuumed, front leather seats were cleaned then topped with Leather Masters protection cream. Interior plastics treated with 303.

I washed and dried the exterior, then applied NuFinish with a dual action polisher, followed by topping everything with spray wax.

Engine bay was also cleaned. He was happy with the results!

IMG_0439.JPG

IMG_0419.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0429.JPG

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Very nice greg! That's a lot of real estate to cover. What rate did you charge him?

Nothing, he's my brother!

Originally Posted by gregk24
Very nice greg! That's a lot of real estate to cover. What rate did you charge him?

Wrong answer. Time is money. He should reciprocate some how, by compensating your for your time, or taking you to dinner, or buying you a nice gift, something. Otherwise, people, especially family, will take advantage of your kindness.

Originally Posted by maxdustington
1500HD. A truck I don't really understand but love.

I don't understand? Forgive my ignorance. Our family has 4 of these, they all durable and capable trucks.

Originally Posted by bubbatime
Originally Posted by gregk24

Wrong answer. Time is money. He should reciprocate some how, by compensating your for your time, or taking you to dinner, or buying you a nice gift, something. Otherwise, people, especially family, will take advantage of your kindness.

Thanks Bubba, but we clearly have different opinions. I don't mine sacrificing my time to help someone else. FYI, he did offer payment, I declined. He is of the same mindset as me, and would lend a helping hand if asked, free of charge of course.

Good lookin' twuck. The pewter-chrome-black color combo works well in my opinion.
Good effort and results on your part
I'm sure your brother does things for you too or has in the past
Posters above are right. It IS possible for good deeds to go only one way without there being a bad guy involved
It happens all the time

Gregk24

What exactly did you do, (products and process) as far as cleaning the seats before the application of Leather masters protect. The seats came out looking sharp.

Originally Posted by Kira
Good lookin' twuck. The pewter-chrome-black color combo works well in my opinion.
Good effort and results on your part
I'm sure your brother does things for you too or has in the past
Posters above are right. It IS possible for good deeds to go only one way without there being a bad guy involved
It happens all the time

Of course it is possible, I am just saying that is not the case here.

Originally Posted by xtell
Gregk24

What exactly did you do, (products and process) as far as cleaning the seats before the application of Leather masters protect. The seats came out looking sharp.

Woolite delicates and water (1:10) ratio. Applied and agitated with soft bristle brush, then cleaned up with a dry microfiber cloth. Only use this on coated leather, which is what is used in most automotive leather applications.

What spray wax did you use and what cleaner for the engine bay?

I wouldn't have charged my brother either and he would likely reciprocate with a nice dinner from Carabbas or favorite pizza place, beers, etc...I have the products on hand and don't mind doing the labor which is kind of like exercise anyway. At least it burns calories.

Looks good.

I took out my cassette player and put in the factory storage box. Nice place to keep my sunglasses since they don't fit in the over head compartment.

I change the oil on a friends 2003 Silverado 1500 HD and it has 365k on it. Matter of fact, I just replaced the power steering pump for him. Charged him $50.

Originally Posted by hpb
Came up good for an old vehicle, but jeez, that steering wheel cover...

It's a little worn out, yes.

Originally Posted by Trav
Looks great! I am surprised the anti NuFinish mob has not been triggered.

Yes, I've been waiting lol.

Looks good.

Unfortunately I hate washing / waxing my vehicles. I just hose them down in the morning when the overnight dew has loosened the dried on dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back