Little Debbie HoneyBuns

Status
Not open for further replies.

MolaKule

Staff member
Occasionally I have a Little Debbie Honey Bun with coffee.

Has anyone else noticed they are considerably smaller?

They seem to be shorter in diameter and thinner than the ones Ms Molecule bought in the past.

Each bun now weighs 1.7 ounces.
mad.gif

It seems in the past they weighed at least 2.5 ounces each and were larger in diameter and thicker.
confused2.gif

Last edited:
Gotta keep that price point. I like buying a box of their brownies for trips. Last box it appeared they changed the recipe.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
I ate Duchess Honey Buns growing up, one of their bakeries is in my home town. Still make an honest 3 oz. whopper

Now that's what I call a Honey Bun!
thumbsup2.gif
banana2.gif

I can't believe that the average consumer is SO price sensitive that they'd rather keep paying $3.95/box while the portion size shrinks. Are people really this dumb?

Who here wouldn't mind paying an extra $0.50 to $1.00 if you still could get the big sizes from the good old days?

Heh heh Wabbout fast food hamburgers? Coffee. The best re-package I've ever seen was Prior Double Dark, a small brewery in Jersey. Cheap and tasty once you got over its coffee color. Sold in 6 packs, didn't see it for a while. When it reappeared it was in 4 pcks , like Guinness and cost a buck more.
grin2.gif

Everything with age shrinks and I mean everything.....lol
Remember the original BK Whopper?
I needed ladder racks on the truck to bring one home in the day.
Now you can fit three or four in the glove box...

Little Debbie the tramp, just upped the prices here recently too...

I used to LOVE these when I was a kid, up until Highschool. I too used to have one every now and again, just for nostalgia.

I can't do it any more. They're too slimy, too sweet and usually don't taste very good at all, compared to any other actual bakery item.

I'm not sure if the taste was changed or if my tastes have changed, but I seriously cannot even finish one these days, they eek me out so badly.

Agree … almost need a pressure washer to clean your hands … Out of packaged junk pastries … just as soon have an apple pie …

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Occasionally I have a Little Debbie Honey Bun with coffee.

Has anyone else noticed they are considerably smaller?

They seem to be shorter in diameter and thinner than the ones Ms Molecule bought in the past.

Each bun now weighs 1.7 ounces.
mad.gif

It seems in the past they weighed at least 2.5 ounces each and were larger in diameter and thicker.
confused2.gif

They are raising the price with out raising the price.

You know my service mark....You bring the Parade, I'll bring the Rain......

Little Debbie's agents scour the world for the cheapest oils with which to make their goodies.
Ergo you are eating an indeterminable mixture of the worst offenders in Foodland".

And please, don't think I'm a superiorly minded super health nut. My bones are made of Hostess Cherry pies. Before that my nervous system was built out of Dugan's crullers.

NOTE: Go to pictures of Divco trucks and see Dugan's Bread trucks. I STILL want to go cross country in a Divco truck.

Little Debbie KILLS!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
I grew up on Little Debbie stuff. We always had Devil Squares,Star Crunch's,and Fudge Rounds.

One of my absolute favorites growing up! My dad wouldn't buy them often, but when he did it was a real treat!

Originally Posted by Kira
My bones are made of Hostess Cherry pies. Before that my nervous system was built out of Dugan's crullers.

crackmeup2.gif

happy2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back