2020 Jeep Gladiator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
This seems to be a way to get a 70 year old new truck today.
We talked about it before and I have had jeep woes in the old days but I'd be interested in one.
The funk is growing on me. How about you?

like the ranger they will be msrp maybe msrp+

give it 2-3 years and they will fall off to the 5000 off msrp level maybe.

I am considering one for 2022-2023 when I should be in the market.

Last edited:
I like Jeep a great deal, but this just doesn't appeal to me at all. Maybe it will grow on me, but the exact replica of the Wrangler front end just looks awkward on this truck.

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
Short of it turning out to be a huge pile, I'm going to get one.

It's I believe it's just the extended cab Jeep they lopped off in the back for a bed really. PentaStar is a good engine.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Fiat going back to the future.

They have always had a bit of an identity crisis when it comes to vehicles until something sells really well then they stick with it and try to make it better.
They don't always get it right though... (Eg: certain Jeep models and their small cars)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by StevieC

It's I believe it's just the extended cab Jeep they lopped off in the back for a bed really. PentaStar is a good engine.

I think overall you're right, but the frame is based off either something larger or its at least unique. I believe that is the reason for the much higher tow rating over the 4 door.

Should have built this YEARS ago. Almost too late to have it now.

That said, will sell like hotcakes, for a bit at least. Lots of interest.

Originally Posted by Rand
like the ranger they will be msrp maybe msrp+

give it 2-3 years and they will fall off to the 5000 off msrp level maybe.

I am considering one for 2022-2023 when I should be in the market.

It never ceases to amaze me that people will pay MSRP+ LOL but they do. First year, let the early adopters report on it. I'm sure it will sell well. I'd wait, and [censored] will be in a deep freeze if I ever pay MSRP+ for anything.

I like the looks of it. Don't like the soft-top, but the looks in that shot look good.

I'll never own one, but I like the aesthetics.

I owned this back in my 20s. Around 1983. I'd rather have it back but new. 1967 Gladiator

1967 JEEP (Large)2.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HemiHawk

I think overall you're right, but the frame is based off either something larger or its at least unique. I believe that is the reason for the much higher tow rating over the 4 door.

No doubt there are some different aspects for sure but knowing FCA they visit the parts bins first.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Zee09
My neighbor had one too and a Willys
Very cool!

My dad had a Willy's that was retired from a forces base (or at least I think that is where he got it) and he had a hydraulic snow plow on the front of it for keeping his service shops clean in the winter when we used to get a ton more snow than now. I remember being in it with him and wish it hadn't rotted out. The suspension in it was really bumpy I remember bouncing around in it as a kid. It would have been a cool project car to work on with him after he sold the shops.

Last edited:
Lets hope the mpg isn't as bad as a Tundra.

FCA isn't known for MPG, especially in the "real Jeep" models so I would imagine this would be a pig as well.

Lets hope the mpg isn't as bad as a Tundra.

FCA isn't known for MPG, especially in the "real Jeep" models so I would imagine this would be a pig as well.

My Eagle SX4 from 1982 was good for 11 mpg in 4wd mode.......
Sad but true.

what does the tundra get, our loaded JL Sahara is avg almost 23 so far, they will sell a lot of Gladiators

Originally Posted by VNTS
what does the tundra get, our loaded JL Sahara is avg almost 23 so far, they will sell a lot of Gladiators

I believe Tundra is EPA rated only to about 19 highway. That's EPA rating. fuelly.com shows about 14mpg. Mine hasn't been driven much of late, and is getting just shy of 16mpg; when I was daily driving it was about 19 for the course of the whole year (lots of careful highway driving to hit that).

I never had the 5.7 but I can confirm, the 4.6 isn't great. Is full size with approximately zero attempt at mpg saving tricks (cylinder deactivation, start/stop, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back