emanualonline.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has used repair manuals from this site what are your ratings? I have a Haynes for my Saturn Ion and it is lacking, can't find any online resources that are detailed for the work I need to perform. Thanks!

www.emanualonline.com

Last edited:
Never used it, but if it's within your budget, AllDataDIY is an awesome resource for any DIY project. I have one for my Impala and it's been well worth it.

I have both Haynes and Chilton repair manuals and both are very similar in that they have information from the Mfg.
I would think that emanualonline does the same.

Should I need even better/more information, I can get FSM from my local library for 3 weeks at a time. Your local/county library is a wonderful source for information. IDK about online though.

Last edited:
I do not know which , but I think Chilton bought Hayes , or vice versa .

I used to buy both , when I started working on a new ( to me ) car . Neither covered 100% of what I needed to look up .

Do not know if both are still published , and if so , if they still have different content ?

Originally Posted by JustN89
Never used it, but if it's within your budget, AllDataDIY is an awesome resource for any DIY project. I have one for my Impala and it's been well worth it.

I've used AllDataDIY a bunch, but it's never been a comprehensive manual. Invariably, there are certain things missing that I need.

Whatever resource you choose double check wire colours because all have been known to be wrong from time to time. My dad has access to this data online via his various accounts and always had to double check wiring colours because often they would be wrong.

Originally Posted by WyrTwister
I do not know which , but I think Chilton bought Hayes , or vice versa .

I used to buy both , when I started working on a new ( to me ) car . Neither covered 100% of what I needed to look up .

Do not know if both are still published , and if so , if they still have different content ?

Hey WyrTwister.. You got me thinking about how Haynes and Chilton look the same now.. so I dug into and found this from Wikipedia..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chilton_Company. But looks like Disney bought them, messed it up, sold it.. and I'll quote the closest owners..
Thompson learning made some great stuff when I was doing technical training..

quote "In 2001, Nichols sold the do-it-yourself automotive print manuals to Haynes Publishing Group (publishers of Haynes Manuals), while retaining licensing rights to the Chilton do-it-yourself brand for print products for 10 years.

In 2003, Nichols sold the remaining automotive assets to Thomson Learning. In 2007 Thomson Learning became Cengage Learning. In 2011, Cengage Learning became owner of the Chilton brand for do-it-yourself print manuals as well. Cengage Learning continues to publish or license the professional and consumer automotive products and assets. "

Just thought I'd add this in here, since you made me think! Not trying to hijack the thread..
smile.gif

I have also used AllDataDIY for years and it has ben a great help! I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back