Oil be with you, and also with you. (Humor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

51261402_2185353561510327_2253438829039976448_n.jpg

Originally Posted by daves87rs
lol.gif

So it wasn't just me that laughed... Good. I think I want this on a shirt.
grin2.gif

I haven't undetstood the funny part with the Compressions
Is it something related to Confessions or something?
Sorry being born and raised in Greece, it just seems Greek to me! (they teach us this phrase as an English joke here)

Originally Posted by Panos
Sorry being born and raised in Greece, it just seems Greek to me! (they teach us this phrase as an English joke here)

In English vernacular (slang), the saying, "It's Greek to me" means "I can't understand what it says" because not many of us read Greek*.

So, YOU saying "It's Greek to me" is absolutely hilarious!

The intended point of this is Biblical construction; the King James English, and a reference to a particular book, while talking about engines. Sort of like a parody.

*I did, in fact, study Ancient Greek, along with Latin, in high school. So, when in Athens, or Rhodes, or Corfu, I remember the letters, meaning that I can read signs and writing phonetically, but I really can't read for comprehension. So, yeah, even after taking Greek, it's STILL "Greek to me!"
lol.gif

Last edited:
What I should have said then is, It's Greek to me ,for you!
We prefer Chinese when we'd iike to express high difficulty in understanding things.
So,what's the funny part of "compressions"?

It is like quoting a bible verse (Book name Chapter:Verse). ie John 3:16

What I should have said then is, It's Greek to me ,for you!
We prefer Chinese when we'd iike to express high difficulty in understanding things.
So,what's the funny part of "compressions"?
"Compressions" sounds very much like "Colossians", a book in the New Testament. Bible references are typically cited "Book Chapter:Verse(s)", so Compressions 9:1 sounds like a good Biblical citation. As a bonus, 9:1 is a typical compression ratio for a gasoline engine.

Someone has that as their signature here.

Let those without boost see only the tail lights of their competitors.

That's from Pressures 32:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back