Where to buy a 1gal Glass Jug for Fuel Additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am tired of my plastic jug (of Lube Control FP-Plus fuel additive) becoming badly deformed during storage. I looked online for chemical resistant 1 gal glass jugs, and only saw them available in cases of four jugs. With shipping, cost is around $40 for a case. I only need one jug, but don't see them for sale as a single jug.

Any recommendations?

Go to a homebrew shop or a health food store.

Another idea would be a lab-grade 3-4L Nalgene carboy but be prepared to pay.

Glass just does not seem safe, too easy to break and loose all the fuel additive at once. Home depot sells ethanol free fuel that comes in a 110oz metal can for $19 or so. Reuse the can. I think its called tru fuel. Comes in a metal can. Seems safer to reuse that, than glass.

Last edited:
The fuel additives are flammable. Storing flamable fluids in a glass jug is not a good idea and is probably illegal. Certainly you cannot legally fill a glass jug at a filling station. You might be able to find a chemical resistant plastic jug. What about a small plastic gas can ?

Originally Posted by SubLGT
I am tired of my plastic jug..

Just to clarify, this is the original HDPE thin wall container the product was sold in. The walls collapse inward during storage.

Just to clarify, this is the original HDPE thin wall container the product was sold in. The walls collapse inward during storage.

Sounds like a temperature vacuum situation. Even a metal can might do that. Perhaps vent it a bit now and then.

When I was mixing FP-Plus with something else back in the day I was using a gas can. I'd put all the stuff in there, put the cap on instead of the nozzle and slosh it side to side. Best of all because it was in a gas can it was easy to pour into the fuel tank or portioning containers thereafter.

I don't use this any longer, don't see the need. I just use a quality fuel system cleaner every other oil change and it's more than enough.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by RedOakRanch
Cheap merlot wine, 6.99 in a glass one gallon jug!

Lol, best response....glass jug and a good hangover to go with it!!

I considered buying another gallon of Lube Control FP-Plus last month and they no longer sell it in gallons. The quart prices are a bit much at $23 plus shipping. An email to them confirmed that they no longer sell gallons.

Originally Posted by RedOakRanch
Cheap merlot wine, 6.99 in a glass one gallon jug!

That's what I was thinking, buy the cheapest gallon of wine at the store.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
The fuel additives are flammable. Storing flamable fluids in a glass jug is not a good idea and is probably illegal. Certainly you cannot legally fill a glass jug at a filling station. You might be able to find a chemical resistant plastic jug. What about a small plastic gas can ?

Every single refinery and fuel terminal has cabinets full of glass jars with gasoline and diesel fuel samples in them. Kinda hard to check for cloudiness in a plastic jar.

Originally Posted by spasm3

Sounds like a temperature vacuum situation. Even a metal can might do that. Perhaps vent it a bit now and then.

I do vent it occasionally, but it does not prevent it from happening again. I remember seeing a lengthy bitog thread about this issue some years ago, but a search did not turn it up.

Originally Posted by mattwithcats
College Chemistry lab...

They routinely use gallon jugs of solvent, in glass gallon bottles.

20 years ago when I worked for a short time in an analytical lab I saw plenty of those empty jugs. I should have started a stash!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by doitmyself
I considered buying another gallon of Lube Control FP-Plus last month and they no longer sell it in gallons. The quart prices are a bit much at $23 plus shipping. An email to them confirmed that they no longer sell gallons.

Renewable Lube is still offering their Bio-Plus injector cleaner in the 1 gallon size for around $39. But the last time I ordered from them, their shipping charges were very high.

http://renewablelube.com/store/fuel -conditioners?product_id=57

Originally Posted by doitmyself

Bummer- I was going to get a couple of gallons as I am starting to run a bit low on FP-Plus. I refuse to buy quarts because the added cost/gallon doesn't justify the purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back