Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0W-20

Standard
Pennzoil Gold 0W-20 Synthetic Blend

Alternative
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 0W-20

This is from the Oil selector for the Civic 2017 2.0L Turbo, Civic 1.5L Turbo. I am wondering why the regular pennzoil platinum is not advertised as a recommended oil for the engines.
But when I select the Honda S2000 engine Pennzoil platinum is recommended.

Premium
Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 10W-30

Standard
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 10W-30

Alternative
Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30 Full Synthetic

Originally Posted by PimTac
Does the Ultra have the SN+ d1G2 certifications now?

It does not.

It's worth noting that those auto parts and fluids selectors shouldn't be blindly followed, as they can be in error. I'd always check the ultimate source (manual) before making a final decision, especially if it's a critical part of fluid -- or if "that little voice" is trying to tell you something. As an example, for my Prius, we're now in the second year after Toyota switched the 1.8L engine back to a spin-on filter instead of the detestable cartridge setup. Most of the automated parts selectors, however, will still tell you to get the cartridge... Buyer beware.

Originally Posted by ekpolk
It's worth noting that those auto parts and fluids selectors shouldn't be blindly followed, as they can be in error. I'd always check the ultimate source (manual) before making a final decision, especially if it's a critical part of fluid -- or if "that little voice" is trying to tell you something. As an example, for my Prius, we're now in the second year after Toyota switched the 1.8L engine back to a spin-on filter instead of the detestable cartridge setup. Most of the automated parts selectors, however, will still tell you to get the cartridge... Buyer beware.

Agreed, there are two versions of the Filter Cartridge for the PentaStars and some books/parts-selectors will list only the older one for the newer model vehicles or the new one for the older model vehicles. Complicating it further you have some manufacturers that have a filter that will fit both with directions in the box on how to modify the filter's plastic parts for which version you need.
21.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back