Fram xg3506. Valvoline Blue Restore 1000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah.

So "indigenous" is 100% home grown to our continent, zero external influence?

Do keep in mind your pre edited posts are in my email inbox. :)

Originally Posted by ofelas
Ah.

So "indigenous" is 100% home grown to our continent, zero external influence?

Do keep in mind your pre edited posts are in my email inbox. :)

Actually I like those interpretations better. Feel free to repost them for me.

I like it. Amsoil is an "indigenous" oil
13.gif

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by Lignums
Originally Posted by racin4ds
With all the GM junk in your signature at least you finally wised up and bought a Honda! lol...

Neat oil though, thanks for documenting this. I'm very tempted to use it in my 6.0 Ford Diesel to clean up the HEUI/oiling system but there is no way I'm paying for 15 quarts...

Yes I was gm through and through. This envoy has completely destroyed any love I have for GM and the idiotic AFM. Collapsed lifter, fuel gauge failure, main fuse block failure, oil pump failure....the list is long and expensive. The only thing I did not repair myself is the lifter, my uncle, a gm diesel mechanic did that for me. I doubt I will ever own a gm vehicle post 2006 again. That little Aveo was given to me by my mother as a beater car for my son....so far so good 🤞

I believe the oil will work well in your situation, albeit expensive.

Somebody needs to tell that to GM lol. I see a new commercial where gm is claiming they are now more reliable than Toyota and Honda.
It's a bold statement although I do hope it's true
I always look for every excuse to buy american when buying new but it has to be worthy. Even though it's not possible to get a vehicle 100% indigenous to anywhere anymore.My 11 year old American built mdazda desiged 08 Ford Fusion has been solid and very worthy . Ford actually built the fusions in those years better than Mazda built it's twin the 6 in Japan so' its concievable to believe our American Makers could do it as good or better now days. Fingers crossed

It's funny because I beat the truck of up mine up, run it like I stole it, it has to be the lowest cost maint vehicle I have ever owned. Run whatever oil I put in my envoy so as to keep things simple. But that envoy, man there was some bad juju with that vehicle line.

8 months ago I changed jobs, I am a service Tech mechanic, and travel, a lot. I try to get different vehicles at the rental facilities, and even the new gms just feel underwhelming. Not a big fan at all.

Yeah, the Trailblazer had motor and trans issues. FWIW I had a 2008 Colorado I was unimpressed with. I love my Silverado, though and had only one issue with it that cost me 30 bucks.

Funny thing is around here there are Trailblazers and Envoys all over the place and some I have seen with 300k on them. This must be a fluke!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back