How many L of atf will fit in a 94 camry 2.2L DOHC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The safe and idiotproof way to change the fluid is to drain it overnight into a drain pan or big plastic tub. Then measure the amount drained using a 99 cent plastic juice pitcher you can get at Walmart that has measurement markings on it. Next, go back to Walmart* and buy the number of quarts of Dexron III fluid you'll need to match the amount drained.
Next install the drain plug and pour an exact amount of new fluid into the transmission. Start engine, shift through all ranged engine in Park and check the transmission fluid level using the procedure outlined the the owners manual. Later in the day, double check fluid level when engine is fully warmed up.

[ March 12, 2003, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

No, no one knows the exact amount, that's why you have to measure the amount drained.

Example: On my vintage Toyota automatic, if I drain the fluid for 1/2 hour then 2 quarts comes out. If I let it drain overnight, 3 quarts comes out. If I let it drain 3 days, then 4 quarts comes out. This might also be the situation with your transmission.

**** that's crazy, it's should be just as easy as draining your oil lol.

When draining, the ATF will just drip, drip, drip very, very slowly for several days since the so much of the fluid is up high inside the transmission's innards
and apparently just barely seeps by past some seals or gaps.

I have a '93 Camry, 2.2 liter 5S FE, with an automatic. When I change the ATF, I add three quarts after draining the pan on a level surface, and it reads just a tiny bit high on the dipstick. So I would guess the right amount would be 2.8 quarts to refill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back