My latest OC: Torco MPZ on board

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2010 Honda Accord has been on a steady diet of PU and Lugegard Biotech since I've owned it (purchased in 2013 coming off a lease with 34k miles).

It's currently at 157k miles and runs like a top. The last 2 OCI's I've switched to Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic. No Biotech on board these last 2 OCI'S because I wanted to "flush out" my engine of any additives.

Today, I changed the oil in my Honda and this is what I installed. After 2 OCI's with the Torco additive on board, I'll pull a sample and run a UOA through Blackstone.

IMG_20180930_112745.jpg

Thanks for the information and I look forward to the UOA.
I do have one question however.

Seems as though you're using great oils & filters so, why do you feel the need for extra additives with today wonderful oils especially synthetic oils?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just asking!

Originally Posted by Char Baby

Seems as though you're using great oils & filters so, why do you feel the need for extra additives with today wonderful oils especially synthetic oils?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just asking!

Mostly out of curiosity. To me, it's "fun". It's a few extra bucks that I know I'm probably "throwing away" to most people, but curious to see how the engine runs and feels. I'm curious to see what's in this Torco MPZ O2 additive. Of course, I'm anxious to see what the UOA looks like to see how wear metals look as well.

I've been running Fram Ultra filters and some microGreen filters lately on this Honda. But I have a stash of these Platinums and I like them, especially in the winter months because I feel that they have great flow characteristics (and just average filtering capabilities).

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Do you have a UOA with the LG Bio-EP in the mix?

Here is the UOA from 3 years ago: 2010 Accord UOA PU + BioTech

Looks real good with the Biotech additive. But you know how these engine wear....they really don't. LOL!!

Originally Posted by Phishin
Originally Posted by demarpaint
Do you have a UOA with the LG Bio-EP in the mix?

Here is the UOA from 3 years ago: 2010 Accord UOA PU + BioTech

Looks real good with the Biotech additive. But you know how these engine wear....they really don't. LOL!!

thumbsup2.gif
Thanks...

Update: I'm doing an OC on Friday (9k miles on this Maxlife 5w30 + Torco MPZ addtiive).

So I'll install the same oil and additive, plus a Fram Ultra filter and at the end of this OCI, I'll send a sample to Blackstone to see how it looks.
With the BMX schedule we are keeping this winter, it should be April or so when I hit another 8-9k miles.

I changed the oil last night and took a sample and sending it off to Blackstone on my lunch break today. I'm anxious to see what this looks like.....

It will be fun to compare the this to the previous UOA I posted several years ago: old formula PU Ultra and Lubegard BioTech
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back