NEW Premium Guard PG1A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening BITOGERS
smile.gif

This filter is from member QDeezie. I believe he would use this filter on his F-150 truck. I will say looks good aside from slanted media I spied. Overall I would use this filter if I had a vehicle that called for it
smile.gif

20190129_171637.jpg

20190129_171641.jpg

20190129_171909.jpg

20190129_171854.jpg

20190129_171926.jpg

20190129_171933.jpg

20190129_171902.jpg

20190129_172002.jpg

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by rollinpete
Thanks for the C&P,
thumbsup2.gif

Looks good for an under 2 dollar filter.

Where do you buy them for under $2? Rural King?

I believe QDeezie got it on Rock Auto

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by rollinpete
Thanks for the C&P,
thumbsup2.gif

Looks good for an under 2 dollar filter.

Where do you buy them for under $2? Rural King?

I believe QDeezie got it on Rock Auto

Yup Rockauto has them for $1.47

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
RockAuto sells a ton of Premium Guards. I know firsthand.

The problem with rock Auto is you need to either order with another part from the same place or order several toake it worth while because of shipping cost. Then you have a surplus of filters you need to use up. Assuming you don't decide to sale the vehicle before use them up it's a good deal.
I bought several super cheap puros for a van after Walmart discontinued them and the van blew a main seal. I got all these old filters in my closet now that I don't need.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
You gentlemen are very welcome
wink.gif

Still waiting on SubyRubieRoo to send me some filters
grin2.gif

I'm trying to generate a couple more used ones... the Baldwin B7243 will be coming off in a couple weeks, and I'll also send the XG3593A off my Outback once the cold snap breaks. I also have a Subaru OEM off mom's '18 Forester and one other used one.

Speaking of filters, did you ever cut open that HM3593A that has the plastic thing with the "high mileage" gel in it? I don't remember seeing it.

There will also be a couple white ST4386s for your Camry and an ST6607 to slice and dice. I wonder what the USPS x-ray tech thinks when he sees my boxes with all these filters in them...
lol.gif

I just wish we knew which factories (in which countries) are making filter media material for all the filter manufacturers

Originally Posted by Linctex
I just wish we knew which factories (in which countries) are making filter media material for all the filter manufacturers

Pretty much guarantee the PG media is made in China-although I did see on RA's info on the PG1A that rated efficiency is "up to" 96% @ 25 microns, which isn't horrible for a jobber level filter that doesn't self-destruct when delta-p is put on it!

Originally Posted by Pinoak
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
RockAuto sells a ton of Premium Guards. I know firsthand.

The problem with rock Auto is you need to either order with another part from the same place or order several toake it worth while because of shipping cost. Then you have a surplus of filters you need to use up. Assuming you don't decide to sale the vehicle before use them up it's a good deal.
I bought several super cheap puros for a van after Walmart discontinued them and the van blew a main seal. I got all these old filters in my closet now that I don't need.

Cut one open and post the pics. If you want to get rid of the others post them for others. Maybe you can trade the filters for some oil.

I bought filters for three vehicles and never more than six at a time from RockAuto.
Currently I am done with RockAuto and purchasing basic filters like the new silicone ADBV Fram Extra Guard - new and improved silicone ADBV NAPA Pro Select - plus currently venturing into silicone ADBV K&N Silver, which I can got online for $4.99 @ Amazon Prime.

There's enough evidence on this board that basic filters get us to 300+K, when discarded properly/timely. Even evidence supPorting store brand oils too.

My former $1.67 Premium Guard pair worked out great. They quieted my Colorado's cold, dry startup that a $8-9 Fram Ultra created. I may someday order the Premium Guard XL, should the K&N Silver not be up-for-the-task. I need an inexpensive filter for the Colorado that can do 6-7K. That dollar store-type Premium Guard filter nitrile ADBV stayed quiet for 5K, then I began hearing a weak cold startup clatter in the last 1K of that filter's lifespan.

So I would use a basic, cheap Premium Guard for 5K. But hesitant to try them again in OCIs up-to 7K in that Colorado.

Originally Posted by qdeezie
Thank you for the cut and post! I appreciate it!!!

You are welcome and how warm is it in NC? A balmy -2F and "feels like" -28F here
frown.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back