Chilli sauce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to the local supermarket and bought this badboy of a chilli sauce.

12 out 10 eh?

Hahaha

20190115_193519.jpg

Last edited:
My family bought me some super hot sauces and I'm usually not too happy the day after I have some.
I am fine with Cholula original or Frank's...

Got a bottle of "Happy New Rear" two years ago for Christmas. Still working on it.

About fifteen years ago (before the introduction of ghost peppers), I was in an Indian restaurant and asked the waiter to bring me "the hottest thing you got". He brought three peppers on a plate and told me "You will enjoy this twice".

I bet I ran for the restroom in that restaurant at least five times, repeatedly passing through the video shooting of a large Monsoon Wedding type Indian wedding line dance. A painful "Cheeks don't fail me now" Cheech and Chong moment that I will not repeat.

Dropped out of this race long ago. I like heat that adds to food, not totally overpower it and then burns its way through you. I like to turn red and heat up my sinuses until the top of my head warms up. Thats what I aim for with peppers. I don't like super sour beer either.

To be honest, Taco Bell Fire sauce may be my favorite hot sauce...they have something hotter but I can't remember the name, I grabbed one packet of it for a soft taco last time I went and it was OK. Fire sauce is fairly mild, but I like the flavor.
TB had some ghost pepper menu items a while back, I tried one that wasn't anything unusual and then the next one was hard for me to eat! Don't think they had ghost pepper sauce in packets, though, could be wrong as it was probably several years ago.

All these super hot sauces are about bragging rights, nothing to do with flavour IMHO. They would do a big service to their customers if they included a 12 pack of glycerine suppositories with each bottle.

Instructions to: drop your pants, bend over, insert tablet, wash hands, begin your chili sauce ritual, repent at leisure. TP with lotion for the pain avoiders.

I definitely enjoy me some hot peppers and heat, but I agree with other commenters on here - the heat has to have flavor, and should complement my food, not dominate it. Once in a blue moon, sure.. just going for heat can be fun.. but most of the time, the flavor and the heat should share the spotlight. I do enjoy growing some hot peppers in my garden, too.. and have been known to eat some straight off the plant.. but I always grow those with some flavor to go with the heat, like Lemon Drop and Red Savina.

In terms of sauce, this one is probably my singular favorite. I like lots of others too, but in terms of versatility, flavor, and enjoy-ability, this one takes the cake. If you can find some in your area, definitely pick a bottle up.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by dirtydannyd
Went to the local supermarket and bought this badboy of a chilli sauce.

12 out 10 eh?

Hahaha

Let us know when your mattress needs replacing!

I love many different types of hot sauce. But hot just for the sake of hot I do without. It has to have flavor.

Many years ago in Salzburg I went to a Wagnerian Oper. Afterwards there was a wine tasting. At the wine tasting they served a small plate of bread, cheeze and (what I thought was a big cherry) hot pepper. I wolfed down the hot pepper and could tell you the exact spot it was occupying in my digestive system until the instant it exited.

Ghost chilli sauces are hot just for the sake of it, while habanero has a delicious fruity flavour (I'll grate a half an habanero over my lunch with a microplane I enjoy it that much)...daughter bought me a small tray of California Reapers, and I didn't find them too bad grated over food.

I still remember the first time I had chicken wings.
They ordered whatever the hottest wings were, and I thought they had some good heat to them, as well as flavor. Had probably 20 of them.
Never thought of what would happen a few hours later, and I really regretted it.

I have found a happy medium with sriracha sauce since I switched to the Keto diet, gives food a little heat, minimal carbs, and no regret later.
I tried Franks, and did not like the flavor of it, although it is a good heat.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Ghost chilli sauces are hot just for the sake of it, while habanero has a delicious fruity flavour (I'll grate a half an habanero over my lunch with a microplane I enjoy it that much)...daughter bought me a small tray of California Reapers, and I didn't find them too bad grated over food.

You mean "Carolina reapers"? Those are kick your rear end hot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back