What the Heck/Pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With so many words being re-defined in todays world, this one really got me.
When did a flippin' golf cart get to be called a pickup truck? And a half-ton at that? Shocking how the english language is being assaulted by the TBATV .
Pickup Truck

Where I work we have a few Taylor Dunn carts that are rated 1/2 ton. They have Ford 9" rear ends under them. Narrowed of course.

heck, those things look like they could probably fit IN the bed of an F150! Seems like they're good for off-road/utility use, much like a typical quad or golf cart would be, and nothing more.

The stupidest part of the whole article is the assertion that this will in any way compete with the F150. That's not true and vice versa. Neither vehicle is going to put a dent in the either's sales. These two will never be cross-shopped.

It comes with alloys as an option, for that pimped out look. With the 28 mph max speed it's perfect for commuting in SoCal
smile.gif

So this is what they mean by electrifying the f series?

I like this one better, 3/4 ton (literally) 9' bed , extended cab but I still rather it have the 1 liter diesel

1EA8E603-4B4A-417B-B9E4-4718F3828CDA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reminds me of some of the teeny weeny trucks I saw in cities when I visited Italy...don't think I came across any on the highway, they probably couldn't get up to speed.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by AZjeff
Since we're calling 4 door cars coupes now why not?

And my 2 door was called a sedan...
What's remarkable about that, if it was actually a 2-door sedan? That body configuration is pretty much obsolete now.

I think that's technically a pickup truck, just like the 50cc pocket bike my roommate had was a motorcycle. That thing looks barely smaller than an old VW Rabbit pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back