Canadian Class Action Lawnmower Settlement

Status
Not open for further replies.
There should have been a class action lawsuit for some of the terrible carbs on some of them.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Garak
There should have been a class action lawsuit for some of the terrible carbs on some of them.
wink.gif

That may have been a valid suit. This HP stuff always seemed to be nonsense to me. My small engines always did what they were supposed to do. I didn't get caught up on the big number on the side.

I was once part of a class action settlement. I got a check for 32 cents and the lawyers got 2 million dollars.

Agreed. So, by the looks of this claim, I'm eligible to receive some money. I'm not dissatisfied with the horsepower at all. I didn't strap the thing to a dyno. I started it and mowed, and it worked. I got mad when the carb puked. And, it almost cost me a fortune, since the carb in Canada is worth more than the engine and carb combined in Canada. Fortunately, I know a skilled small engine guy. My neighbour, with a similar mower, plugs through and struggles with a puking carb.

I have no idea in the least what the horsepower of my lawnmower is. All I know is that it's not too weak to cut and not so powerful I need to fill up every five minutes. That's all I really want.

Good. I truly hate ambulance chasing lawyers but sometimes this is the only way to make those bums tow the line and stop selling garbage.
2 years back I fixed the son in laws John Deere rider. Rear frame just split and torn straight upward right behind the axle. While researching the how tos I stumble across a blistering article on Husquavarna mowers and their infamous problem in the same areas. That was a suit in the US. A few years back. They all tore right in the same places🤨. Absolutely inexcusable, Just too little steel in the frames. You may as well as call it TIN because it's so thin.
Fast forward this year he has. husquavarna snowblower say 6 yo. Sucks a perfect piece of gravel gets back of the auger and jams. We take it apart and it has split every one of the attach bolts mountings either 2 or 3 ways each. What a hassle fixing that garbage TIN body and keeping some form of alignment. To get it back together again. JUNK, overpriced junk at that. I had my 2004 Ariens body separated putting on a new drive disk about the same time and noticed immediately how much thicker it was. You may as well buy a MTD for half the price. And the parts Re easier and cheaper to scrounge avoiding dealers. That and make sure you can weld somewhat well.
Here's another laugh. When I was asking about the best waymor ideas on the mylawnmower forum I mentioned how thin that frame was and prone to splitting. You should have seen the irate response I got from these Deere loyalists accusing him of beating it to death. I really shake my head when somebody get irate about someone speaking of an issue because they own one. It's cultish behavior and it plays right into the hand of those corporate thieves.

Your rant had nothing to do with the lawsuit. Also, that big box store John Deere/etc stuff has nothing to do with their real deal stuff. You buy cheap stuff you should expect cheap stuff. Good riding mowers were a couple thousand dollars plus 30+ years ago but now people expect to buy that mower for $1300.

Ahhhh, as expected , I found yet another DEER LOVER. Wherever you go they come right out of the woodwork whe someone soils their sacred green. Ah well it is what it is . One thing for certain though . When turning out something with more emphasis on price point than lasting a reasonable amount of time it's obvious they should not cry when called out on it. Or sued for that matter! And FYI that Deere wasn't the super. Econo model and it cost $2600. ...–🤥

Green paint is expensive.

My Cub Cadet is made by MTD same as the Deere but was 100 cheaper and also had the pivot front axle that reduces frame stress. Still using the cub after 10 years. I expect I would still be using the green one too, just a rougher ride.

Rod

Originally Posted by Driz
Ahhhh, as expected , I found yet another DEER LOVER. Wherever you go they come right out of the woodwork whe someone soils their sacred green. Ah well it is what it is . One thing for certain though . When turning out something with more emphasis on price point than lasting a reasonable amount of time it's obvious they should not cry when called out on it. Or sued for that matter! And FYI that Deere wasn't the super. Econo model and it cost $2600. ...–🤥

I'm hardly a Deere fanboy. I do happen to have a 30+ year old Deere mower but it was free. I'm a quality tool fanboy. That means I don't buy a lot of power tools on the floor of big box stores. I have bought a couple of the used rental tools from Home Depot. I'm sure my used $2500 retail Honda tiller will outlast a shiny new $800 cub cadet from Tractor supply.

In any event. The lawsuits weren't about crappy quality. They were about meaningless to the end user HP ratings. If you want to start a class action because of crappy rebadged green machines you probably have a better case.

Originally Posted by Driz

You didn't read what he posted, did you. (That's not a question.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back