Zaktek

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the paint treatment that no one needs but, get scammed into this stuff by dealerships. It's part of those extra monies that dealerships try/sucede in selling to, those who don't know, what they don't know!

Is it bad? No, probably not however, it's just something we don't need and expensive!

Dealerships can't survive on just car sales. They need customers to come in for service and products. That is why everything sold at a dealership is typically over priced. In most cases, after the sales consultant sells you the car, you are sent over to a "CLOSER" who, tries to sell you all of the extras that the sales dept couldn't sell ya...or that igloo to an Eskimo.

The extended warranty, the extra interior/paint treatment, the loan, maybe products for the vehicle(carpeted mats, mudflaps, moldings, undercoating) and a whole array of items you may have never even known existed.

They'll try and make you feel guilty for not getting the stuff and they're good at it! - It's kinda like going to one of those timeshare presentations, eating their food and listening to their sales pitch...offering you a lower & lower price til you cave in. And then when you still don't buy, they bring in the "CLOSER"!
shocked.gif

I love going to these sale presentations, eating their food and staying in their resort for the next 3-5 nights for FREE!
I don't care if the "CLOSER" is mad or insults me for not spending my money. I just got 3-5 nights for free and my belly is full.

I've been doing this^^^ for >30 years and, providing the LORD doesn't flip off my light switch, I'm gonna do it for the next 30.

Last edited:
It's just a sealant or it wouldn't need to be reapplied every six months. A "coating" applied by an authorized detail shop can last for years.

In short it's a high priced dealer add on as Char Baby said.

I was thinking I was scammed also until I did some calculation.
It also include detailing service (inside and outside) every six month when the coating is applied.
At least that is what I get.

I calculated that for a 3 year plan, you get 5 details.
IIRC, I paid $600 that means it is $125 per detail which is inline with any detailing service out there (yes some are cheaper).
Plus, my Sienna is white so to me this is worth the money.
Minivan has a little more surface to cover.

Other's opinion may vary.

Last edited:
When a vehicle is new, I have little issue with dealership service. However, once the warranty is out, I prefer to go elsewhere.

So it sounds like your plan is a fair one. As long as you remember to bring it back for the treatments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back