Pennzoil Platinum Pure Plus Euro 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any more information about this oil? Seems like we can order it special order on Walmart.com for free pickup and it's only a couple bucks more than the ubiquitous Castrol 0w40.

Curious if there's a VOA of this specific oil, there's plenty for the Regular Platinum 0w40 but not for the PP 0w40. Really curious on Ca and NOACK.

Originally Posted by rollinpete
Here's one from 12/18/15 Click Here

This appears to be the Ultra Platinum Euro which is different I think from the Pure Plus Platinum Euro which is GTL based.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FlyPenFly
Any more information about this oil? Seems like we can order it special order on Walmart.com for free pickup and it's only a couple bucks more than the ubiquitous Castrol 0w40.

Curious if there's a VOA of this specific oil, there's plenty for the Regular Platinum 0w40 but not for the PP 0w40. Really curious on Ca and NOACK.

Probably less, there's a stealth $10 rebate on Pennzoil syn products, link is in the 10W-30 Wal-mart thread in promotions...

Currently in my GTI from when WM had a clearance of $10/jug. Why pay more for it when the Castrol has LL01 in addition to 229.51, 502 00, and A40.

Was there ever a Ultra Euro? I thought it was just Platinum Euro.

The current offerings on the Pennzoil website don't show a Ultra Euro.

I'm confused too, that voa was four years ago now and I'm very unsure if it's the same oil... pennzoil seemed to have a couple of 0w40 formulations.

There's PUP 0W-40 (high moly SRT version)
And PP Euro 0W-40 (typical A3/B4 add pack with a little moly)

Originally Posted by PimTac
Was there ever a Ultra Euro? I thought it was just Platinum Euro.

The current offerings on the Pennzoil website don't show a Ultra Euro.

I have a quart of PUE but it's 5w-40 and meets all the BMW/MB/A40/VW specs and Maserati. It has a 6.8 NOACK and a .94 A Harmon index. (Vs. .90 for PPE 0w-40)

Here is a UOA of Pennzoil Platinum Euro 0W-40 (PurePlus Technology) after 5K in my C300:

[Linked Image]

Is that good or bad and don't they usually list iron, tan, tbn in those reports?
What did the report (summary) say?

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Is that good or bad and don't they usually list iron, tan, tbn in those reports?
What did the report (summary) say?
I only posted the additive part of the UOA because the ask was for a VOA of the oil. The overall UOA was fine with some fuel dilution present.

Just received a 5 quart jug of the Pennzoil Euro 0w-40 from WalMart online and the jug is leaking not from the top but along the seam of the jug. Kind of disappointing and might have to transfer it into something else prior to my oil change in the coming weeks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by legandrex
Just received a 5 quart jug of the Pennzoil Euro 0w-40 from WalMart online and the jug is leaking not from the top but along the seam of the jug. Kind of disappointing and might have to transfer it into something else prior to my oil change in the coming weeks.

Same happened to my Schaeffer oil bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back