Cat sick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cats can also get upper respiratory infections, and these can frequently be brought on by some kind of stress that the cat has experienced. These can cause cold/flu-like symptoms.

Is your cat exhibiting signs of respiratory issues? If so, I suggest getting it to the vet. These infections can go south in a bad way if not addressed.

Also, something else you might consider to help improve your cat's resistance to respiratory issues is L-Lysine treats. They boost your cat's immunity against them. I have a regular delivery of These Optixcare brand treats from Amazon, and give them to all my cats regularly.

We're minding a ~11yr old outdoor (feral) cat that's never been to the vet. He still has his little balls and never took a vaccine.
Even at -25C he doesn't have any respiratory problems or eye discharge like our "fully processed" house cats in full warmth have always had. He fights, he gets torn up sustaining massive injuries and always heals up perfectly (truly something to behold).
Processed cats IME always have latent diseases and weakened immunity with many perishing to the so-called "FIP" eventually.
Just sharing a little story about when humans leave stuff alone.

Colloidal silver as well as the aforementioned Lysine can help with viruses

There's three shots to get for cats:

1. Upper Respiratory Vaccine
2. Feline Lukemia Vaccine
3. Rabies Vaccine

And the shots have to be updated periodically.

Originally Posted by PeterPolyol

I make my own (for pet consumption)...3x9V batteries in series, and a high purity ounce of gold cut in half for the electrodes...run until you just see the blue cloudiness with a light behind the glass...add to water bowl.

Took my 2 year cat to the vet and they checked him over and took a blood sample. I will get results late tomorrow. SKooter is still not eating and lethargic. WOW, $190 for a blood work up. SKooter has had all required shots etc. Ed

Originally Posted by MONKEYMAN
I have one with upper respiratory issues since adopted. The head Vet recommended Viralys in tube which I use for flare ups. She likes it and licks it off her coat. Recently she was sneezing with discharge. After a week or so of daily Viralys she is normal.

Viralys Gel L-Lysine Supplement for Cats,

I was told the cause was herpes type virus most likely from the shelter.

Feline Herpes Symptoms and Treatment

I have a cat with the same symptoms, from feline herpes virus. Eyes runny, ears runny, upper respiratory problems and vomiting a lot.

For only $20, it's worth a shot!

Originally Posted by PeterPolyol
We're minding a ~11yr old outdoor (feral) cat that's never been to the vet. He still has his little balls and never took a vaccine.
Even at -25C he doesn't have any respiratory problems or eye discharge like our "fully processed" house cats in full warmth have always had. He fights, he gets torn up sustaining massive injuries and always heals up perfectly (truly something to behold).
Processed cats IME always have latent diseases and weakened immunity with many perishing to the so-called "FIP" eventually.
Just sharing a little story about when humans leave stuff alone.

Your cat is healthy because being feral if he was compromised he would have died long ago.

Originally Posted by Eddie
Can my 2 year old cat get the flu or cold from me? Ed

In general there are not of diseases that cross species. Some but not a lot. Swine flu, bird flu, rabies. Those are just a few I can think of. I am sure there are more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back