Funny names

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's local FB group. Don Juan Johnson! LoL....who names their kid that? His parents must have had big dreams for him. He robbed a cell phone store instead.

Screenshot_20190121-180216.png

Well lets see. I went to high school with a Dusin Broom. Bill Lear named his daughter Chanda. Another fellow high school kid was Devon D!cks. His dad was on Letterman as he is Harry.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Well lets see. I went to high school with a Dusin Broom. Bill Lear named his daughter Chanda. Another fellow high school kid was Devon D!cks. His dad was on Letterman as he is Harry.

went to school with...
Amanda Swallow, Dusty House, and Mike Hawk.
My Buddy's last name is Lear, His Dad wanted to name his sister Crystal Chanda(cooler heads prevailed, went with Jennah Phyllis)
out at the county fairgrounds, there's a big barn off the racetrack labeled in huge letters: " The Harold **** Stables"

My last name is Early, my uncle (that never had kids) wanted to name a son "Justa Little", and a Daughter "Ima Little"

Last edited:
I remember a girl in my high school English class was named Candace (Candy) Cain.... Another high school friend of mine named one of his kids Zorka. I have no idea why.

Originally Posted by zorobabel
Quite the bunch.
To be honest, the whole Victorville area seems sketchy to me.

Seems?

So glad I was only there for a couple months. I've been to nicer places - that end in 'stan!

The Phant family lived in my mother's home town. She said they named a daughter Ella.

I'd HAVE to learn if the parents thought it was clever had that happened around me.

I have a friend named Jim Locker. Also, I once knew of twin brothers names John and Johnny. Totally serious, I couldn't believe it except I entered their payroll every week...

When I was in high school, there was a girl in my class named "Anita Ho".. you can imagine when they paged her to come to the office "Anita Ho to the principal's office". (say it out loud to yourself)

I had a friend who went by Russ Frame, but his first name was Rusty.. so.. Rusty Frame was his given name.

More recently, I used to hang out at the karaoke bar with a guy named Mike Dunn. He used to say that when he had a son, he was going to name him "Gitter".. Gitter Dunn. I have no doubt he was absolutely serious, too.

My sister went to school with a guy named Nimrod. I can't remember what country he was from but she said it wasn't an unusual name there.

Remembered another one I ran into at a job I once had.. and just for the record, I'm not making fun of names from other cultures, but this one made us all chuckle for the obviously juvenile reasons.

Years ago, I worked a technical help desk for a very large staffing company which dealt with many vendor companies as well. As such, there were a lot of Indian and Pakistani callers. One guys name was, I kid you not, Sukhdeep Manmeet... think about it..

Go to google and search "arcanum Ohio real estate agents" and look at the map and the first real estate agent that is listed. He was a customer of mine at a local company that I worked at about 20 years ago.

In our computer, customer names came up last name first, then the company name.

Nice guy.... Not sure why his parents felt the need to did this to him.

When I was a kid there was a guy in our phone book named Harry Butt. That provided countless hours of laughter for a few 8-year olds like myself.

Oh and I forgot, our mailman (Mr. Bush) married a girl with the first name Rose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back