Barkeepers Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
When I worked in food service we used it all the time. Great product. Restaurant supply stores here carry it.

It can be found at any grocery store in the US.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Originally Posted by StevieC
When I worked in food service we used it all the time. Great product. Restaurant supply stores here carry it.

It can be found at any grocery store in the US.

Good to know... I'll have to keep that in mind when I'm south for a border run.
grin2.gif

I used it for really bad exterior glass when I detailed. You make it into a paste with some water in a container then scrub the glass with a bug sponge dipped in the mix. It's messy but it always worked. No bug splatters, bird caca, or water spots will remain.

Barkeepers friend is one of the few cleaners that I use on my All Clad cookware. It's one of the few cleaners that won't damage expensive cook ware AND removes polymerized oil. I also use it to clean my stainless exhaust tips on my GTO. You can find it anywhere, even Walmart here in Mexico carries it. I just buy the powdered stuff and mix it with water to make a paste. I actually got rid of other cleaners and instructed our cleaning lady to only use BKF, since another cleaning person used a freaking brillo pad on one of our All Clad lids and scratched it all to Heck. If you have Stainless steel whatever you need to be using BKF, it's also awesome on chrome plumbing fixutes that get spotted with hard water.

My mom always used" Bar keeper friend" or Bon Amni" it on porcelain sinks, it will not ruin and scratch them like Comet and Ajax powder will.

Don't let it sit on an iron/steel surface for a long time. I have evidence that it can eat into a smooth cast cylinder bore after sitting for a week or so. And yes everything was rinsed off but there were tiny spaces where the stuff could hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back