Fireplace cleaners and price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a fireplace that i used a couple of winters but not recently. I called around and got quotes in the $130 range for an inspection and cleaning. I was told cleaning takes 30 minutes to an hour or so. Anything i should ask as in how do they clean them etc? Does this seem like a fair price? All help appreciated

Well I have my own brush to do this. It cost me about $30 for the brush and all the rods that screw together to reach all the way down the stack. I've been using it every year for about 15 years now. It will outlast me or at least my ability to get up there to clean it.

^ I have that setup but with fiberglass rods. Pull the stove out of the elbow then the rods flex to get the brush up the chimney from the comfort of my living room.

$130 is a good price IMO. I had mine cleaned a little over a year ago and it was $110 which included the guy installing hardware cloth on top so the birds wouldn't get in and make a mess again. I have an odd damper set-up so I cannot clean it from the inside and I'm super afraid of heights, so that is money well spent. Still haven't used it though, but I like the idea of being able to if need to be in an emergency.

I had a rentalwitha well used wood stove and I called a company to clean it . I thought the receipt would be good to have if the tenant burned the house down. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back