Honda 70 Engine Oil goof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, my first post but I've been lurking this forum for years. My question Is more of a what did this oil hurt in my motor question. I'll get right to it. I have a 1986 Honda 70 TRX atv. Same engine as the ATC 70 3 wheeler. I'm getting it ready for my kid. Many years ago some Motul Transoil 10w40 was placed into it instead of normal 10w40. It was ran for several short rides. Maybe a couple hours total run time until I figured it out. This stuff is meant for gear boxes that are separate from the crankcase.

Did this oil damage my engine?

3A209BE9-3A5E-400B-B25D-EE099B708D19.jpeg

Originally Posted by Chris142
Those little engines ran forever with no or never changed oil. Put the right stuff in it and run it another decade.

+1

You can run a horizontal on literally anything, there was a video of them swapping the engine oil in a Cub for "old chip grease" from a fryer and driving it around like that.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Those little engines ran forever with no or never changed oil. Put the right stuff in it and run it another decade.

Exactly.

Originally Posted by 556Dmax
Cool thanks everyone. That's more re assuring as I plan to put a big bore kit on it

And when you will do that....you will be able to reassess if there is any damage anyway

I have run Rotella T6 5w-40 in my kid(s) xr70 and 100 since new. They abused the [censored] out of them and neither use oil or have had any issues. I also run it in my 420 Rancher and two XR650L's with no oil issues. Now my new KTM I run the Motorex 10w60 like they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back