Got A Tip For Everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently in Maine and came across a store called When Pigs Fly. They sell all sorts of different breads. We grabbed a loaf of spinach, onion and garlic ciabatta and a regular ciabatta. We also bought a loaf of chocolate bread, not sure exactly what to do with it. We toasted it and put butter on it and it was good but not crazy good. I looked on their website to see if they had recipes or suggestions and they did. It said it was excellent for french toast.
So we ordered another loaf of chocolate online and made french toast with it this morning. It was absolutely killer.
Just spreading the word.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
I was recently in Maine and came across a store called When Pigs Fly. They sell all sorts of different breads. We grabbed a loaf of spinach, onion and garlic ciabatta and a regular ciabatta. We also bought a loaf of chocolate bread, not sure exactly what to do with it. We toasted it and put butter on it and it was good but not crazy good. I looked on their website to see if they had recipes or suggestions and they did. It said it was excellent for french toast.
So we ordered another loaf of chocolate online and made french toast with it this morning. It was absolutely killer.
Just spreading the word.

thankyou2.gif

Kittery? I'm in York, the next town over. Cool! I like their bread also. There's a restaurant in Portsmouth, NH called Roundabout (by the traffic circle) that features Pigs Fly bread. They have a daily bread of the day (I think it basically rotates between two or three). I've had cranberry orange and blueberry lemonade, both wicked good. Food is really good too. Pigs fly used to have a contract with Trader Joe's for their bread but recently lost it I believe in 2018. So some people may have had it and not even known!

Originally Posted by pda1122
Kittery? I'm in York, the next town over. Cool! I like their bread also. There's a restaurant in Portsmouth, NH called Roundabout (by the traffic circle) that features Pigs Fly bread. They have a daily bread of the day (I think it basically rotates between two or three). I've had cranberry orange and blueberry lemonade, both wicked good. Food is really good too. Pigs fly used to have a contract with Trader Joe's for their bread but recently lost it I believe in 2018. So some people may have had it and not even known!

I was actually in Freeport but I noticed when I ordered the bread it came out of York.

As long as we're on the subject of Portsmouth, have you ever been in a place called Streetz360? Any good? I'd like to stop on my next trip and try their fish cake sandwich.

I'm a regular Trader Joe's shopper. I wish they still had that contract.

That sounds good too. I love finding little local bakeries and hittin' up their specials. There's one up on the North shore of Long Island I go to after I mountain bike a trail in that area that makes the best Cronuts I've ever had.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
Originally Posted by pda1122

I was actually in Freeport but I noticed when I ordered the bread it came out of York.

As long as we're on the subject of Portsmouth, have you ever been in a place called Streetz360? Any good? I'd like to stop on my next trip and try their fish cake sandwich.

I'm a regular Trader Joe's shopper. I wish they still had that contract.

Sorry, haven't heard of it. I may be a little biased but I believe you can't go wrong with too many seafood places around here. Bobs clam hut in Kittery, browns clam shanty in wells, and fisherman's dock in York are all great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back