NewEngland vs KC what a 4th quarter/ and OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best 22 minutes of football all year. Incredible performances on both sides of the ball by both teams.

Let's just say I'm glad for the team whose colors match the flag I fought for
smile.gif

Amazing game....and the only one I've watched all year. Pats were counted out for the season here on Bitog a couple weeks ago. One thing I've learned the past 12 yrs is never count the B&B Pats out of it.

Too bad the game was ultimately decided by the refs/penalties and the final coin flip. Still a great game where both sides had ample chances to win it outright....or lose it.

Past 12 years? SB 53 is 17 years to the day since Tom Brady's first Super Bowl against the Greatest Show on Turf (and BTW, Kurt Warner was a frickin STUD).

I saw my favorite post ever the other day highlighting how extraordinary the past 17 years have been: Tom Brady has played in a higher percentage of AFC Championship games (76.5%) than LeBron makes free throws (71%). I know that outside of New England they're generally despised, but if you are a fan of the game itself and not a team fanatic, the past two decades have produced team statistics we will likely never see rivaled again, certainly not with the same QB/head coach for all those years.

This year is probably one of the greatest in memory for so many great teams and great sustained performances. I will say I was heartbroken earlier to see there would not be a Brees/Brady Super Bowl, however.

For that reason, I would have preferred to have seen the Saints win today. A duel between Brees & Brady would have been classic. But I am glad my Pats won today, although it was the most nerve wracking game I recall that wasn't a Super Bowl.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
This year is probably one of the greatest in memory for so many great teams and great sustained performances. I will say I was heartbroken earlier to see there would not be a Brees/Brady Super Bowl, however.

Last edited:
Once again the Cheif's choked. Getting to be old. Time to get rid of choking Andy Reid and try someone else.

Rod

As my Son and I watched the start of the game I told him a team can not win in a critical moment with Dee Ford. That guy has no desire to tackle a ball carrier. On pass plays he has no problem getting 5 yards to attack a passer while engaging a tackle but will not set an edge or disrupt a ball carrier. What a total "me" guy wanting sacks for his stat line. Well true to form on the game sealing interception Ford lined up in the neutral zone. Thus Pats ball.Then during OT he had no idea where to line up. The Chiefs DB's were constantly beat deep by the Pats slow wideouts all 5 of them had their hips turned and 2 steps behind thier wide receiver within 5 yards. The Chiefs need to cut half thier defensive players. It would only improve that side of the ball.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
Once again the Cheif's choked. Getting to be old. Time to get rid of choking Andy Reid and try someone else.

Rod

See my post below. You can't win with that defense. The only good defensive players your team has are old and injuried.

The thought of seeing the Brady bunch in the Superbowl again is sickening. What's even more sickening is he will probably win it again.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
The thought of seeing the Brady bunch in the Superbowl again is sickening. What's even more sickening is he will probably win it again.

you never loved me ?

E686AA2A-DBD4-4C30-8D36-EAFE2A423C08.jpeg

Originally Posted by 4WD
Originally Posted by demarpaint

you never loved me ?

Sorry, but no.

The Pats got a lot help from the refs. Almost every bad call (and there were a lot of them) went in favor of NE. I don'y mind bad officiating so much when both teams get screwed equally, but this crew was so bad they should've been wearing Pats uniforms...

Originally Posted by grampi
The Pats got a lot help from the refs. Almost every bad call (and there were a lot of them) went in favor of NE. I don'y mind bad officiating so much when both teams get screwed equally, but this crew was so bad they should've been wearing Pats uniforms...

+1

There were plenty of bad & missed calls in both championship games. Tony rHomo had made a comment they seemed to be going the Patriots way and then the refs missed two DPI calls in KC's favor.

The Saints are the team with the only really valid gripe, that was the worst two missed calls I think I've ever seen. The defender never even looked for the football, his whole intent and focus was leveling the receiver, and he got away with it.

I really love how the people who beat the cheating/conspiracy drum the loudest can't understand how unlikely it is that so many refs, so many play reviews over so many years all "going the Pats' way" is nigh impossible, and also not borne out by the in-depth review of these "myths". The Pats are like 20th on the list of most roughing the passer calls since the "Brady Rule" was instituted. The Bills, who are the most vocal advocates of claiming preferential calls for Brady, have actually been the most frequent recipients of roughing the passer calls.

Opinions without data always results in a skewed perspective of the truth...

The saints game unasked question

"how do you feel about the refs winning the game today"

The patriots game question

Why Andy Reid thought man 2(or whatever the technical name for that defense is) would work down they had to stop them.
The defense was predictable which isnt good, even if they have good players executing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back