Albuquerque

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wagon train is heading across the desert, when
all of a sudden the wagon master notices that on all sides of the valley are Indians watching them.

He quickly forms the wagons into a circle to protect the families in the train. Nothing happens. Soon, drums are heard pounding out in the distance — BUM, bum, bum, bum, BUM, bum, bum, bum, BUM, bum, bum, bum.

The wagon master tells the train, "I don't like the sound of this."

From out in the distance comes another voice, saying, "We don't like the sound of it either. He's not our regular drummer!"

...Later on the Indians attacked. It was a short, savage battle before the Natives retreated leaving several dead settlers and one mortally wounded.

After the dead were buried the wagon master readied the settlers to move on. Al told the wagon master to take anything of use from his wagon and leave him so he wouldn't slow the others. As they were leaving Al called a young friend to his side and said, "please name a town after me." They shared some of their memories and as the young man left his side Al repeated his request again. "I sure will, Mr. Buquerque" he replied.

And that is how the town of Albuquerque got its name.

31.gif

lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back