Winter finally arrived

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winter finally arrived in Southern Ontario. This all fell in 24 hours.

It's going down to -20c (-4F) tonight.

Winter_2019.jpg

Last edited:
This is the first real snow we have had this winter. We have had wet snow but no real accumulation except one night in November but it didn't stay long.

My brother was supposed to be getting a bunch in Boston

Last edited:
We got 6 inches here...kinda looks like that!

Believe it or not, the snow does not bother me. It is going to be the cold....

My asthma cam back this year, and the next few weeks temps barely get above 10 degrees at some points.....

Bummed with how poorly this winter storm turned out. Rain here - was looking forward to snow.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Bummed with how poorly this winter storm turned out. Rain here - was looking forward to snow.

Most BITOGERS must have some farmer in them. We complain about the weather no matter the outcome! Human nature, I suppose. I am enjoying the relatively mild winter in south central Michigan so far. Only plowed twice, and not much at that.

4'F and freezing raining here. Every rain drop on the snow pack kicks up a little explosion of powder. Slightly weird.

I too enjoyed the mild winter we've had. I point out to my friends that we didn't have to shovel the two heavy rain events we had this past month.

This Wednesday they're predicting rain. I wonder how that'll pan out after the deep freeze that chilled the ground.

We had a white Thanksgiving, which I think may have been the only I've ever seen. Never fully melted away either, left a good amount of ice in my yard. Wife was bummed about how little of a winter we've had, but is happy with the foot of snow we got today. I'm not excited about the temperature coming up, and I wrenched my back shoveling snow today.

Winter arrived for me when the temps dropped below 55*f. Snow would be fun if it wasn't freezing.

Originally Posted by StevieC
One upsmanship! One upsmanship!

It dropped to -27°F last night and will fall to only -17°F tonight. I can't go south, but my block heater did. The car started easily this morning without it, though.

Historically, January has been much warmer these last few years than in my childhood, by 10 or 15 Fahrenheit degrees, so with luck I can get by without a new block heater (it's not the wire or plug at either end).

We had about 5 inches here but it was really light and fluffy. If we could get a good 40 degree day it would be gone in no time. Looks like you got nailed pretty good.

It was 33 this morning. In my neck of the woods that's brutal.

Originally Posted by Uphill_Both_Ways
Originally Posted by StevieC
One upsmanship! One upsmanship!

It dropped to -27°F last night and will fall to only -17°F tonight. I can't go south, but my block heater did. The car started easily this morning without it, though.

Historically, January has been much warmer these last few years than in my childhood, by 10 or 15 Fahrenheit degrees, so with luck I can get by without a new block heater (it's not the wire or plug at either end).

That's way too cold for us Southerners in Ontario.
lol.gif

I don't mind winter... The only thing I don't like is the really cold days like today having to take a break and go inside to warm up a bit after a couple of hours in the brutal cold, before continuing to wrench on things.

Last edited:
We pretty much got a coating and then all rain, was definitely looking forward to a snow day, and to use the blowers a bit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back