Bike VS Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by billt460
Boss Hoss bikes are not race bikes, and were never designed or built as such.

The owner of the company, Monte, thought different. They challenged this fellow with a ZX-12R, then the second fastest production bike, to a race. The ZX-12R rider was no lightweight, pushing 300 lbs. Anyway, using whichever Boss Hoss model they had, from a standing start or a roll-on, the results were the same. The Boss Hoss lost. The Boss Hoss owner lied and got an article printed in Barnett's stating that the Boss Hoss had won. When Barnett's was shown the video of the runs with the Boss Hoss losing every time, Barnett's printed a retraction with the correct results.

Last edited:
As I said, they're not race bikes.

And as I said, the founder of the company wanted people to think otherwise. Much to his chagrin.

I'm not understanding your point. Chevy say's they are more reliable than Toyota and Honda. No one believes it, but they say it anyway. People who manufacture and sell things make all kinds of unsubstantiated claims. No one buys a Boss Hoss to win races because they have big engines and are fast. They could buy 3 crotch rockets for the same price if they wanted that. It's a silly comparison regardless of who made it or why.

It's a silly comparison regardless of who made it or why.

You're the one that brought up Boss Hoss in this thread.

I just commented on the ultimate poser bikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back