A little warm down in Oz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard it's a bit warm down in Oz with new heat records. How are you guys making out?
smile.gif

See that? It's the SUVs! It's the Utes!! It's the 25W70! It's the Aussies not recycling their coffee cup lids!! We need new taxes on chemical elements and environmental regulatory reforms asap!!
happy2.gif

Originally Posted by xxch4osxx
Warm down there and here its going down to -27 celcius tomorrow night lol

It's presently a balmy -18C here
lol.gif

I'm going to get close to the political 3rd rail here and say the extremes may be somewhat related. Not that there's a lot I can do about it, other than trying to conserve.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'm not buying it until I see a bunch of PM's and Youtube videos confirming it...

grin.gif

lol.gif

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
If all 4 billion plus of us just stopped breathing, I'm sure it would all be fine...
crazy.gif

I am holding my breath.

If all 4 billion plus of us just stopped breathing, I'm sure it would all be fine...
crazy.gif

How would you know?

On a serious note, I saw a story that Bats were falling out of tree's in OZ from the heat. That may be "fake news" so maybe a local can chime in.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'm not buying it until I see a bunch of PM's and Youtube videos confirming it...

grin.gif

Yeah, we keep hearing that Oz doesn't exist and we're all paid actors...

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Heard it's a bit warm down in Oz with new heat records. How are you guys making out?
smile.gif

Yeah, pretty good here...every day last week as I left work (17:30-18:00), the Colorado was already warmed up to the KV40 point...every day.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/foru...ont-need-no-stinkin-w-rating#Post4979562

Family are still on school holidays, and are reasonably active in the heat (daughter had a dam and pool thing with friends yesterday, and another water park tomorrow.

I had a couple of weeks off over Christmas, shorts, singlet and bare feet (actually that's my usual for about 9 months anyway...always bare feet).

Week at work was annoying, in that it's all protective clothing, and judge dredd steelcap boots...putting on the poly cotton shirts in the morning is like trying to dress yourself in cling wrap.

One problem is that the cold water (for post sauna and wim hoffing it in the mornings) is in the low 20s (C)...so scarcely cold, and the fam is finding it difficult to regulate the hot tap with hot cold water.

Last edited:
crazy.gif

We are closing-in on 7 Billion human breaths on this earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back