Supertech 6607 - 7300 miles - 2017 Legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to see if this cheap filter would hold up okay. I was thinking of going 10k but the car rolled 50k so now it will be easier to remember.. 60k.. 70k..

Some uneven pleats but otherwise great!
Sadly I won't be buying these anymore because I just bulk order a bunch of cheaper filters from RockAuto.

It was replaced by a Premium Guard PG4615 (correct psi for Subaru), and a mix of 50:50 Supertech 0w20 and 5w30.

B9E77B3D-1C78-4404-8621-A3D17389624E.jpeg

DFEB99B8-E3A5-453A-8D8F-ADFCCEDD0877.jpeg

Looks like it did the job and held up just fine. I really think you will like the PG filters especially for the price and correct 23 psi bypass. Thanks for posting.

Thanks for the C&P. I will use these on my Versa Note. I found the tools to do the cut myself but see from your experience these filters are very good in my estimation. I have a couple more Rockauto filters to use up and then I will start with these. I think maybe I will cut open the filters I got from Rockauto to compare. They are some Pronto filters. These are just so drop dead simple to get I am going to move to ST filters.

The Champ made classic style ST has never been media area leaders and the shorty 6607 is the smallest application. However looks like it got the job done for the substantial fci. Imo, anecdote an example of element size alone not necessarily always an indication of fci capability. That said, despite what the box says generally speaking I like current ST's best at ~5k mile oci. I think you got your money's worth out of the ST6607.

Thanks for c&p.

I'm using the ST6607 on my 2 Nissans. I think that they will handle my 5K OCI's just fine. The box states that they are rated for 10K.

Looks very good. Not the traditional e core design.. Interesting. How was the ADBV?

They have the ST9688 in the size of the 7317. I wonder what that design is?

Originally Posted by dlundblad
Looks very good. Not the traditional e core design.. Interesting. How was the ADBV?

Non E CORE design as I cut one open while back
wink.gif

...They have the ST9688 in the size of the 7317. I wonder what that design is?..
The most recent dissection linked shows current ST 9688 now to be a 'hybrid' ecore with nylon/plastic cage, metal endcaps and separate poppet type bypass. Also even though same dimensions a normal 9688/3593a they've extended the sealing gasket to the OD of the filter. Since link recently confirmed this current design at WM. Unlike previous Wix made ST, no longer same size and dimensions as the 7317. So this ST9688 won't fit newer Hondas with diameter restriction limits.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4901234/super-tech-9688-cut-open

Next link shows earlier Champ made ST 9688 which used classic metal endcap construction. AZ STP blue used to be the same.
https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4700140/Virgin_ST_9688_FILTER_CUT_OPEN

Topic 6607 may now be only Champ made ST with classic metal construction.

The ADBV was good and flexible!
I wouldn't hesitate to use this filter for up to 10k if necessary.

Not to sound like a total idiot, but I've seen it on here before. What's the purpose of mixing two different oil weights? Or were you just using leftover oil to make up the quantity you needed?

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back