Code P2770 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid

Status
Not open for further replies.
2005 Toyota Rav, Code P2770 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Auto Zone $277

Where is this?

Something I can replace myself? Should I take a chance this is a true code or could it be something else? Should I take this to a mechanic or a transmissible shop? Honest mechanics we have, trans shops I'm not sure about, private shop I'm not sure about, then there is Cottman, AAmco.

Those are usually attached to the valve body in the transmission. It requires dropping the pan on the transmission to access. It may be different on that specific transmission.

I once had a car that kept getting the solenoid p1 code and started changing the trans fluid with Valvoline Max Life red bottle. After few days it never come back and sold the car. The Max Life appear to have clean the contacts.

The DSL/TCC Solenoid location........I'm guessing you have a U140F/U140E. Always check the drivers door frame sticker for the actual trans model number!!!

[Linked Image]

P2770 sets for High Resistance in the DSL/TCC Solenoid Control Circuit......Condemning the solenoid is simply going after the low hanging fruit. It could just as easily be a wiring or ECM issue! As expensive as Aisin solenoids are....I would definitely check the wiring first!

If you need help with this & have some tools such as a DVOM & a Test Light....Just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back