Open cases of oil at Costco

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people pickup a bag of frozen peas and drop them off in the candy isle? Why do people leave their half full coffee cups where ever? Because they are low class A-HOLES.

Never have run across that at my Costco. But you never know why people do what they do.

I don't know about your Costco but at the one near me, my friend retired as a manager and caught people opening boxes of Mobil 1 and taking bottles out swapping them with Chevron Supreme. Long story, paying Chevron Supreme prices but Mobil 1 is in the boxes as the cashiers don't check inside.

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Why do people open up the cases of oil ? You can't buy one quart at a time; why open up the case ?

Maybe just to read the label on the bottle to see what specs it covers. Info that's not printed on the box?

Originally Posted by anndel
I don't know about your Costco but at the one near me, my friend retired as a manager and caught people opening boxes of Mobil 1 and taking bottles out swapping them with Chevron Supreme. Long story, paying Chevron Supreme prices but Mobil 1 is in the boxes as the cashiers don't check inside.

I just thought of that too. Or maybe they have a car that takes 5w20 and another that takes 10w30 so they mix and match to make a case.

Originally Posted by Dinoburner
Why do people pickup a bag of frozen peas and drop them off in the candy isle? Why do people leave their half full coffee cups where ever? Because they are low class A-HOLES.

^^^^^This.

Come to think of it I've noticed this a few times at our Costco, but I'm not sure why people do it? Reading specs, counting bottles inside, being a nosy BITOG [censored] looking for the little "FS" on the front label...who knows.

Yep.

+ 1000000000

Originally Posted by das_peikko
Why do people open up the cases of oil ? You can't buy one quart at a time; why open up the case ?

why do you care?

That's called stealing...

Originally Posted by Astro14

That's called stealing...

Yep and it happens at all stores, not just the usual suspects. A consumer needs to apply due diligence wherever they shop.

What's worse is buying.a jug of Castrol Edge EP 10w30 from Walmart then going to do an oil change to discover someone's used oil inside of it. It was the last jug of that oil left. I was able to get some new stuff but it was a pain and a time waster dealing with it.

That is the reason, for sure!

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
What's worse is buying.a jug of Castrol Edge EP 10w30 from Walmart then going to do an oil change to discover someone's used oil inside of it. It was the last jug of that oil left. I was able to get some new stuff but it was a pain and a time waster dealing with it.

That happened to me with a jug of CASTROL Magnatec. Wal Mart actually let me exchange it and open jug in front of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back