Amsoil SSO 5w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by StevieC
Just oil? You are on the wrong site.

Right site - wrong thread maybe.

I'll see myself out so the aMsOiL cult can carry on.

50.gif

Where were you mentioned?

StevieC, you are (again) starting to look ridiculous...

Are you saying that you have some sort of Amsoil tourettes thing going ?

"haters"
"trashing"...and not in reference to any of the posts prior to you making the statements ???

BTW, here's Mobil's blend guide for SpectraSyn PAO and Ester...note how much VM a 5W40 MUST have.

mobil blend.jpg

I'm looking ridiculous... Who is the one providing a chart irrelevant to what I asked you which was... "WHERE DID I MENTION YOU?".

Then you go off on some tangent about marketing again. So again I say... You are just proving my point about jumping on anything I have to say in the threads.

Might want to check between your ears for signs of varnish. Apparently it's a big problem everyone should fear.

smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by rooflessVW
Haters gonna hate, every Amsoil thread is the same.
smirk2.gif

Every aMsOiL thread is the same. Sing its praises, suckle the marketing teat, or get labeled a "hater." Get real.

People haven't even used it and they sit their and trash it because of > and I'm the one that needs to get real"? Ok
33.gif

Last edited:
Then you go off on some tangent about marketing again.

You've lost it...the word "market" is not in any of my posts...

StevieC, aren't you tired of these countless treads with back and forth trying to defend amsoil? cmon, really this is getting annoying.

Moderators, please take an action here, this is getting ridiculous.

Originally Posted by parshisa
StevieC, aren't you tired of these countless treads with back and forth trying to defend amsoil? cmon, really this is getting annoying.

Moderators, please take an action here, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm free to comment like anyone else is, it's Shannow and a small group of others that like to jump on it all the time instead of scrolling on.
Don't I have the right to my own opinion and don't I have the right to respond?

As for the mods taking actions... Please let me know what forum rules I have broken, and also feel free to use the "Report" button should you find something I said that doesn't meet the forum's rules.

Until then you can scroll along too, unless you want a response.
wink.gif

Last edited:
Shannow didn't trash anything in this thread. He pointed out that the oil contains VIIs. That's it. Stevie, maybe it's time for a break again.

Originally Posted by Uregina09
Shannow didn't trash anything in this thread. He pointed out that the oil contains VIIs. That's it. Stevie, maybe it's time for a break again.

Where did I say he trashed it. Please show me.

I'm not going anywhere... Don't like it, scroll on.

Last edited:
Who hasn't used it? I have. Was I supposed to notice something amazing? It's just oil.

No one has "trashed" anything - I just don't believe the 100% "synthetic" marketing mumbo-jumbo.

I have tried it and like you noticed nothing different than a $21 5qt jug of whatever from Walmart. It could be Amsoil dropped in quality or everyone else is caught up, no idea.
35.gif

Originally Posted by userfriendly
I'm holding out for 0W60. If I wanted a 5W50, M-1 makes it.

And Castrol, if all you care about is SN. M1 5W-50 actually has Porsche and Mercedes approvals.

That's good to know. M-1 5W50 could be my winter grade, and 15W50 M-1 or motorcycle 20W50 M-1 for summer.

A UOA on a 2011 deleted LML 6.6L Durmax on all three above would be a first on BITOG.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Uregina09

Where did I say he trashed it. Please show me..

We're back to the Amsoil Tourette's...

shouting "haters" and "trashing" to no-one in particular, at no post in particular early in a thread....then using those posts to demonstrate how it's true later in the thread.

I get it, but believe that there's treatment for it.

You didn't answer the question and neither did he. I never mentioned you specifically. Stop trying to turn it into something its not.

OK, so which post were "haters" and "trashing" referring to ???

Ohh, and where did I get into referring to marketing ???

Last edited:
Did I mention you? Nope, then you can't assume and you certainly must not have read it so I have copied it below for reference. I was replying to another user in the thread and that is why I quoted him in my reply where I said. >> and "trashing".

Haters gonna hate, every Amsoil thread is the same.
smirk2.gif

Every aMsOiL thread is the same. Sing its praises, suckle the marketing teat, or get labeled a "hater." Get real.

People haven't even used it and they sit their and trash it because of > and I'm the one that needs to get real"? Ok
33.gif

As for marketing it was after you posted the chart and the reason I referred to marketing is because you brought up charts like the one above in another thread where you were pointing the finger at how they market their products and made reference about how they couldn't possibly be using little to no amounts of VII's because of their VI and I had explained there that the techline confirmed little to no VII's depending on the weight and you wouldn't accept that and started going off on your tangent calling Amsoil out wherever you can and especially in any thread I happen to comment on.

smirk2.gif

Going to bed, will reply tomorrow if needed.

Last edited:
I'm looking ridiculous... Who is the one providing a chart irrelevant to what I asked you which was... "WHERE DID I MENTION YOU?".

Hold on, Steve. At the time you made your, "haters will hate..." post, Shannow was the only poster who had offered detailed info that the oil in question might have a drawback (large amounts of vis index improvers). One other poster expressed general doubt, and another questioned the oil's use in very cold weather.

With that said, it seems entirely reasonable to conclude that your mention of "haters" at least included Shannow, if it wasn't exclusively pointed at him... THAT'S where you mentioned him. You didn't have to name him by name, it's still perfectly clear.

Who hasn't used it? I have. Was I supposed to notice something amazing? It's just oil.

No one has "trashed" anything - I just don't believe the 100% "synthetic" marketing mumbo-jumbo.

Just oil? You are on the wrong site.

C'mon, be fair! He has his opinion about the oil (nothing special) as you have yours (you like it more than Shannow does). And he found a good place to express it! He's on the right site! His opinion differs from yours (and many of mine, I'm sure). And that's OK. Or it should be...

Post what you like, but you'd be much more credible and persuasive if you'd just make your case for or against the actual product in question. You suggested this oil contains low levels of VIIs. Can you support this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back