M1 is changing their oils, site and adding a new oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
The FS series of oils now have their own landing page, which is where you'll be able to find the FS 0w-40 I'd wager once the update is complete.

I see the 5w40 M. I'm guessing that's what I'll go to for my E430, but the link on it isn't working yet. I'm curious how it's product data sheet will compare to the 0w40 Euro forumula.

I'm not so sure about that. Their website still seems to be under construction - going on two days now. Amazing that a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot migrate their website in an efficient manner. It's not difficult to do this.

Scott

Originally Posted by SLO_Town
I'm not so sure about that. Their website still seems to be under construction - going on two days now. Amazing that a multi-billion dollar corporation cannot migrate their website in an efficient manner. It's not difficult to do this.

Scott

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. This seems incredibly clumsy, which is unbecoming for any company, let alone one of their size.

I just went over there to check it out. That is a mess. Click on a oil for information and you get a download page for a pdf.

M1-M is described as a oil that meets specific Mercedes requirements. They needed a whole new line just for that?

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
The FS series of oils now have their own landing page, which is where you'll be able to find the FS 0w-40 I'd wager once the update is complete.

From what I can see about the 0w-40, it isn't A40 anymore but C approved and the litany of manufacturer approvals isn't there either.

Originally Posted by Flashlightboy
Originally Posted by OVERKILL

From what I can see about the 0w-40, it isn't A40 anymore but C approved and the litany of manufacturer approvals isn't there either.

Here's the current PDS, which you can't get to via the website at the moment:
https://www.mobil.com/English-US/Passenger-Vehicle-Lube/pds/GLXXMobil-1-FS-0W40

Originally Posted by PimTac
I just went over there to check it out. That is a mess. Click on a oil for information and you get a download page for a pdf.

M1-M is described as a oil that meets specific Mercedes requirements. They needed a whole new line just for that?

When the BS gets so deep your waders aren't enough and you need a Mae west.

They are not dumb enough to walk away from the 0w40 specs, which excluding diesels are more spec'd then 5w40.

Surprised that the Truck & SUV 5W30 has a lower HTHS than regular M1 5W30 (3.0 to 3.1)...I would think you'd want higher HTHS for towing.
There is a blurb about the new product having 10% more of an additive that reduces deposits and lowers wear than the regular M1 line, but then there is a disclaimer stating that the extra amount may not actually benefit your engine.
Wow!

Any thoughts on how well that 5w30 ESP might go with a G37/370Z's VQ37 engine? I'd like something with a little more high temp protection then regular Mobil1 5w30 for hard driving without sacrificing cold temp start protection, but don't want all the sulphated ash of the possibly now discontinued 0w40FS cause it's still a Nissan product and has long timing chains. Or should I just suck it up and make the switch to Redline's 5w30 instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back