Want to try a uoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have A 13 equinox with the 2.4. 113k miles. I want to get a uoa at 3k on a oci. I mainly want to see fuel dilution. Im not sure if my high pressure fuel pump is going. Been reading on the nox forums that symtoms are high oil usage and fuel smell in oil and cold start misses. I have all of those. What uoa do u rec i use? I thought i heard someone on here say napa did them. I have a local napa. Who do you guys suggest i use for a uoa mainly for fuel dilution?

Wix UOA

For under $10, plus shipping and TBN included you can't beat them. A member here provided the link a while back. Click add to cart and you'll see the exact price. I ordered one for each of my vehicles.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
Wix UOA

For under $10, plus shipping and TBN included you can't beat them. A member here provided the link a while back. Click add to cart and you'll see the exact price. I ordered one for each of my vehicles.

What do you do after? Put it in a box and mail it or just send it in its black bottle?

I mail it in the bottles they provide inside a bubble wrap lined envelope, first class mail. W/O issue.

Originally Posted by Dylan1303
So once i buy it on rockauto its already paid for? Also does the wix do the fuel dilution

Yes, the $9.56 price from Rock Auto includes the cost of the analysis. (P/N 24077 on RA)

You pay shipping from Rock Auto to your door (currently $2.99 to my house per RA web site) and you pay postage to mail the sample from you to the Wix contracted analysis lab.

Just fill the sample bottle, fill out the included form and mail off to the lab.

And yes, Wix analysis includes TBN and fuel dilution in the $9.56 price.

Take that, Blackstone!!! ($28 + $10 for TBN plus postage...... yeesh!!!)

ANybody know how long it takes WIX to do the analysis? Mine was delivered 1/4 to them and I haven't gotten any email.

Originally Posted by T4RF
ANybody know how long it takes WIX to do the analysis? Mine was delivered 1/4 to them and I haven't gotten any email.

My 2 or 3 experiences have been about a 1 week turnaround.

But I drop my samples off at the lab because they're only about 10 miles from me.

YMMV.

Originally Posted by Imp4

My 2 or 3 experiences have been about a 1 week turnaround.

But I drop my samples off at the lab because they're only about 10 miles from me.

YMMV.

It takes from when I mail it to when I get the report back about 10 days or less. The email usually comes on a Friday.

It is VERY important to package it properly.

Send the sample in a padded envelope or small box

Wix UOA

What do you do after? Put it in a box and mail it or just send it in its black bottle?

When I mailed one of these WIX UOA kits in the black bottle it took over a month to get the results....(I actually thought it was lost in the mail). When I packed the next one in a small cardboard box I had the results much sooner. For this reason, I would put it in a small box or envelope.

Originally Posted by pbm
Wix UOA

When I mailed one of these WIX UOA kits in the black bottle it took over a month to get the results....(I actually thought it was lost in the mail). When I packed the next one in a small cardboard box I had the results much sooner. For this reason, I would put it in a small box or envelope.

I use the bubble padded envelopes and get the results back in what I consider a very reasonable amount of time.

I used a box and sent the sample bottle within the big black container and all ziploc-Ed up with the form inside the baggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back